Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Lumina CD issue....

Shane's VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Lumina Sedan
Hi all :)

I'm new here, and the proud owner of an `07 Lumina sedan in Heron White. LOVING IT! About a week into ownership, the CD player cracked a wobbly and now intermittently beeps "MECHANISM ERROR" . I know aftermarket is the way to go, but it's just not financially possible at the moment and the annoying beep is starting to make me twitch...
I have however, purchased another near identical unit in very good condition from a reputable wreckers with the car's VIN. This came from an SV6 and has a black facia instead of silver. My question is: Am I able to just swap the CD player attached to the top of my current unit instead of just taking out the Lumina unit and putting in the SV6 unit? I know if I put the SV6 one in, it will need reprogramming with the different VINs. If the CD player can be swapped over, will it affect the radio to still need a VIN reprogram? I am prepared to do the whole removal etc myself, but have never done this sort of thing with a VE, so I am operating at "Maximum Noob Level"....

If anyone has done this before, I would appreciate ANY help, guidance and assistance...
Cheers, Shane :cool: