Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Mag Wheel Nuts

Classic327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Commodore 3ltr - 82 Chevy Pickup
I just joined and hoping for a bit of advice. I just bought a set of 2014 SV6 mags with no wheel nuts. I am putting them on a VE Omega replacing the std wheels. Do I need mag wheel nuts or can I use the std wheel nuts and caps to fit the SV6 mags? The hole in the mag for the studs is 18.5mm so the threads on the studs won't make contact with the mag. I'm not sure if the tapered seat "mag surface to std wheel nut surface" is all that's needed to secure them properly (ie no wheel stud contact to mag). Or, is there a shaft on the mag nut that is meant to go inside the stud hole on the mag providing contact between the stud hole and the wheel stud? I haven't seen a mag nut and the mag shops are closed for the weekend. If anybody knows for sure I would appreciate your advice.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I just joined and hoping for a bit of advice. I just bought a set of 2014 SV6 mags with no wheel nuts. I am putting them on a VE Omega replacing the std wheels. Do I need mag wheel nuts or can I use the std wheel nuts and caps to fit the SV6 mags? The hole in the mag for the studs is 18.5mm so the threads on the studs won't make contact with the mag. I'm not sure if the tapered seat "mag surface to std wheel nut surface" is all that's needed to secure them properly (ie no wheel stud contact to mag). Or, is there a shaft on the mag nut that is meant to go inside the stud hole on the mag providing contact between the stud hole and the wheel stud? I haven't seen a mag nut and the mag shops are closed for the weekend. If anybody knows for sure I would appreciate your advice.
If your standard nuts have the tapered seat, they should be fine.

Classic327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Commodore 3ltr - 82 Chevy Pickup
Thanks =) When I bought them I quickly took a wheel off and checked the fit the guy said I would need different wheel nuts. Since posting I took the wheel off again and measured the stud holes for both wheels and they are both the same so the mags are on with the std nuts. I will replace them with chrome mag nuts for a better look. Just posting this in case someone else has the same concern in the future.

Reactions: Lex

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Get some VF chrome wheel nuts, they are not open ended like the VE ones, look nicer too.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Get some VF chrome wheel nuts, they are not open ended like the VE ones, look nicer too.

VE Redline are the same.

2020-11-14 23.46.15.jpg

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you can try any tyre place like bob jane who sell mags they also have the lug nuts

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I got vf sv6 wheels for my wife's omega and used the VE wheel nuts no problem. The only thing I did was paint the nut caps black because the vf wheel centres were black and silver caps looked **** on it.