Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Mid-Sized Hatch?

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
When the TT36 Concept was unveiled, the rumours began instantly about Holden putting it into production. At first, I was sceptical, but just realised that the TT36 is infact the second mid-sized hatch concept produced by Holden, the other being the SSX. The SSX however had a split hatch desin, with a fold down tailgate resembling a ute, whilst the TT36 had the signle mechanism.....market research and development??? Over the last year or two there have been a lot of complaints about Holden and Ford not building lighter mid-sized cars, when really, Holden has been lookin into it for a few years and the proof has been right in front of our eyes.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It is indeed a very real possibility, a locally built mid-sized V6 sedan.. could be a fantastic replacement for the Vectra (with a turbo variant to battle fords XR6 turbo).. then again I have been hearing about Holdens parent company GM making profit losses from their large cars, forcing them to rely on their large truck sales to support them.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My favorite Holden of all time is the Torana Hatchback, that car could do everything, went like a rocket, handled like a go cart, looked extremely sporty, carried your surfboard, done your monthly shopping, did I mention it was fast and light : ). There's was only one fault with it, the driveline was weak. If Holden could make something like that again (and there is not even one single reason they couldn't) it would run out of the factory I might even enter the new car market myself if I could get a sub 1300kg gen IV powered 6 speed manual Hatchback : ) yes then would we be talking about a proper car

Vote one 2007 A9X :D!!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I can think of another problem with the ol' Toranas..

I'm quite a tall person, so sitting in the back of one is a painful experience.. GF's Astra is nice to sit in, so that would probably be the size it needs to be.. but nah, sitting in the front driving is what it's all about!