Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE misfire, hesitation and shudder

Mikepsmith911

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
This issue has really started to do my head in so any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

My VE had a faulty radiator and the power steering pump had a leak. So a mate of mine who is a qualified mechanic serviced, replaced the radiator, thermostat and power steering pump replaced.

Immediately after the above work was carried out the vehicle was misfiring (3 cylinders) my mate was unable to resolve rhe issue so I had another mechanic look at the vehicle and check over misfire remove manifold, replace plugs and coils, refit with new gasket.

I thought this fixed the problem but the vehicle still 1) Idles roughly 2) misfires occasionally - though not to the extent it was 3) shudders.

Any suggestions or comments as to how / what is causing this????

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Did the engine light come on? If so did it give misfire codes?
Do you have any data through a scan tool? Like long term fuel trim? misfire counts? Injector pulse? Check Maf sensor?
You will need data other wise its all guess work specially with no engine light on if that is the case.

When you say shudders do you mean hesitation of the line? If so check your air intake duct.

Thank you.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Check and clean your afm and throttle body, check everything was plugged back in after the radiator and pump was changed