Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE - Model Line-up Speculation

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Also I think you will find all the base models will be running the standard 4L65E rather then the 5L50E (which actually has a lower torque holding abillity then the 4L60E).
AirStrike :air:

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
yeah somehow I dont think the SS or SV8 will be 300kw. For the simple fact that the HSV's would have to be 350kw otherwise theres no point in having them.

I can see that the V6 will be around 190kw, V8's around 245-265kw (from Calais V8 to SS)

I dont see any turbo 6's though, still supercharged 6.

Still see 4 speed auto unfortunately, although alot of speculation of a 5 speed

All HSV's to be 300kw LS2 but the apparent GTS will be much higher, around 350kw (possible LS7 engine) And all HSV to have Dual Exhaust outlets (saweet!)

NO TORANA! As much as I'd like to see one, the possiblity of it happening is slim to none.

Still with only around 4 months till the VE's release, its interesting to see everyone's opinions

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
INSINR8R said:
yeah somehow I dont think the SS or SV8 will be 300kw. For the simple fact that the HSV's would have to be 350kw otherwise theres no point in having them.

I can see that the V6 will be around 190kw, V8's around 245-265kw (from Calais V8 to SS)

I dont see any turbo 6's though, still supercharged 6.

Still see 4 speed auto unfortunately, although alot of speculation of a 5 speed

All HSV's to be 300kw LS2 but the apparent GTS will be much higher, around 350kw (possible LS7 engine) And all HSV to have Dual Exhaust outlets (saweet!)

NO TORANA! As much as I'd like to see one, the possiblity of it happening is slim to none.

Still with only around 4 months till the VE's release, its interesting to see everyone's opinions
V8 is now a standard power level across all spec cars.
They dropped the Super6's with the VY so wont be coming back.
There is already a 5 speed in use (SV6 and Stato), so thats nothing new, the new 6 speeders is what im wating on. Talk is there will be two versions a GM one for the hi po 6's and the ZF as fitted to the current BF fords for the 8's.
AirStrike :air:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've got an incling that if Holden decide to take the Turbo path, they're going to fail.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Have'nt holden already said in that article that there will be only the 200kw v6and there will not be any other variant of the v6, i may be wrong but that was the impression i got.
Also i really doubt that holden are going to keep that 4 speed gearbox it is a major weak point of commodores.
That gear box has served for 8 models its time for something different.
But concerning the turbo i think they really need something special to combat the falcon either a supercharged or turbo but i thinkk we may not see it till either seris 2 or the next revised model, im sure they dont want to put all there aces on the table.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Juzza said:
It's not that wishful, I've heard Saab are playing around with an twinturbo alloytech V6 making around 450bhp.. also the Torana concept car was a twin turbod intercooled Alloytech making 280kw

holden-aims-04-6.JPG
And they have had plenty of years to play with that engine also, Plenty of development years.
It's comming we just don't when:(

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
buddyforu said:
Here's my guess as to how the VE line-up will go. Its based on the theory that with a 200kw base engine, there doesn't leave much room for a normally aspirated 'hero' six, so i think Holden will go down the turbocharged route (witness, TT36 Torana). I also suspect that a hatch WILL be part of the range, but not as a base model. More than likely just a sports model! So here goes *deep breath*:

Executive - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 5 speed auto (Turbo optional)
Executive Wagon - VZIII - (VE like nose job, updated interior with VE steering wheel, guages) - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 5 speed auto
Acclaim - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 5 speed auto
Acclaim Wagon (same as Exec Wagon)
SV6 - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 5 speed auto
SV6T - 250kw Turbo Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto
SV6T Hatch - 250kw Turbo Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto
SV8 - 300kw LS2 - 6 speed auto
SS - 300kw LS2 - 6 speed auto
SS Hatch - 300kw LS2 - 6 speed auto
Berlina - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto (V8 optional)
Calais - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto (V8 optional)
Calais Turbo - 250kw Turbo Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto
Statesman - 200kw Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto (V8 optional)
Statesman Turbo 250kw Turbo Alloytech V6 - 6 speed auto
Caprice - 300kw LS2 - 6 speed auto (Turbo optional)

As for basic features (core models):

Executive - 17" wheels (alloy?), side and front airbags, ABS, ESP, TCL, electric windows all round, CD player with MP3 electric drivers & passengers seats, aerial in rear window (ala Falcon), cruise control, climate control air conditioning (maybe an option), indicators in wing mirrors colour LCD display with stereo and vehicle information, trip computer
Acclaim - same as above plus 17" alloy wheels, curtain airbags, 6 stack CD player, rain sensing wipers, pre-crash technology (tightening belts, unlocking doors etc if an accident is 'immenent')
Berlina - same as above (except some safety items will be optional) adaptive cruise control, full instrumentation, colour LCD touch screen controlling all major fuctions (stereo, HVAC, navigation)
Calais - all of the above plus 18" alloy wheels full leather interior, keyless entry and starting, voice activated controls(?) a better driver interface simular to IDRIVE on BMW(?)

I wonder if I'll even be remotely close!! :thumbsup:

well for a start they wont have an LS2 in them its an L76 so you pretty well up the creek at the start

V

VX_KN079

SLugg said:
well for a start they wont have an LS2 in them its an L76 so you pretty well up the creek at the start

It's an LS2 in the Chevs...

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
where did u hear that , the ls2 is a different motor shares some bits with the L76 but l76 has different heads etc