Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve mods

advanced

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
5/09 ve sv6 m6 ute
hey guys.

got a new ve sv6 manual ute coming during the week, in white. been waiting 5 months for it to be built and delivered. was built on wednesday, so should have it during the week... i've owned 2 ve sv6 ute's before, one ignition orange 07 5spd auto sv6 and one voodoo blue 08 sv6 manual 60th anniversary. hated the ignition auto, was faulty from day one (holden agreed, but couldn't find a solution) auto gearbox was absolute ****, first one i've ever struck in the thousands of those sv6 auto's through work.

i'm 18, and just looking at what mods to do to the ute...

i have already purchased a set of silver supersports, had them professionally chromed and they are waiting with roadstone n7000's on them (****ing good tyres, and cheap through work - 2 for free, other 2 trade price). bought some chrome caps for the wheelnuts off a wm statesman (dear little suckers - over $140 for them retail) so wheels & tyres are sorted.

bought a superbox for the back, and the rails to fit. I'm aware how much of a prick of a job these are to fit (had them in the o8 voodoo one) but have been told the new utes have now changed and don't require an interior removal at all.

looking to buy polished rollbars & tarp as well to suit the chromed rims (and set off the white duco) but don't like the top of the genuine holden ones i seen at the motorshow (very spikey, and weld's on the outside where you look at them)

other than that, i'm looking for any surgestion's? i was seriously considering a capa underbonnet supercharged intercooled setup, but only if i was sure it would fit my next ute, which is likely to be a direct injected vf sv6 ute.. hate to outlay 7k, plus me fitting it only to get 3k extra for it when i sell up in prob 6 months. also was looking at x-force varex mufflers, love the idea you can shut them off for quiet when necessary! but not so sure on the sound on my 6cyl ! 6cyl alloytec developments sucks atm, can't even tune my my09 ute!

going to obviously buy floor mats, mudflaps (need them in my area) and all that to keep the ute in tip top conditon, but basically looking for any other ideas to throw around? i love the bolstered seats in the ss an ss-v's, ****'s me off i have to buy a v8 to get them (can't even option them in a 6) and i can't have an 8 due to power restrictions...

anyway, look forward to responses

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
best thing you can do to the sv6 manual is upgrade the clutch. i run an xtreme with single mass C/M lightened flywheel and organic clutch plate plus a 30% up rated pressure plate. besty mod i've done so far.

advanced

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
5/09 ve sv6 m6 ute
would that really be necessary??? i keep my cars for a maximum of 18 months and generally do 8-10,000km maximum in that period.... i know the alloyec clutches aren't anything special, but surely they cant be that bad? my previous one seemed ok

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
you obviously baby them mine gave up at 6000k's. depends on how you drive i guess. my stock one wouldn't even handle 3 grand dumps xtreme takes 5 grand drops in it's stride!