Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve my 09 maloo or vf ssv ute

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
At the end of this year I am looking at buying either a ve my 09 6.2 maloo or a vf ssv ute just wondering if any one had any opinions

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Haven't seen the SSV ute yet, so it's pretty hard to say. Generally, I'd go for the Maloo, way less common and hold their value better.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Well, do you want to drive a 4 (nearly 5) year old Maloo, or a brand new cab off the rank SSV.

Only you can answer this. :)

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
The maloo will still be a maloo in 5 years time. The ssv will be a first series vf, kind of like a 2006 ve, worst of the bunch...
How long do you plan on keeping? In 2009 what would you have consider better? A vz maloo, or an 09 ve ssv?
Maloo would be worth more down the track but if your only keeping it for a year or 2 the vf should hold its value pretty well.
If it was me, I'd get the new model, 2nd hand.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Maloo with out a doubt... If your looking at the vf I would wait a while till all the recalls are done to fix the probs they might have.. Just my 2 cents

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I was thinking maloo because its got the big engine and big brakes so saves me a bit of money there because either way I go I want to do heads and cam then supercharged down the track

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'd go the older Maloo personally... BUT, only if you can find a good one which can be a challenge.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Have you driven a Maloo?, or a VE SSV ute? I find the Maloo has a bad vision area on the sides just behind the doors, and makes it very hard to see out of. SSV not so bad unless its got a rollbar, and humped hard lid.
If you want grunt later, just buy an FG F6 ute:boxing:

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Have you driven a Maloo?, or a VE SSV ute? I find the Maloo has a bad vision area on the sides just behind the doors, and makes it very hard to see out of. SSV not so bad unless its got a rollbar, and humped hard lid.
If you want grunt later, just buy an FG F6 ute:boxing:
Yea I've driven both and the maloos are hard to see out of bit you get use to it but they just have so much more grunt
And there is not a chance in hell that I would buy any falcon especially a turbo 6 heap