Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE MY08 Seatbelt problem

VE_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY08
Hello all.

I am new here, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

I have an MY08 VE Omega Commodore. An issue has developed with the driver's side seat belt buckle. The tab that slides through the buckle to lock the belt in place is now floating and there seems to be a broken or misplaced spring in the buckle. If I press the release button enough times I can get lucky and get the tab to move out of the way so I can fasten the belt. The belt seem to release normally.

Is there a quick fix? Or do I need to replace the whole buckle? Any idea as to what this costs and what's involved?

Thanks everyone,

Matt.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
take it to holdens, i believe their was a service write-up/recall etc on some models

VE_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY08
Thanks for the reply. I've done some research and rung around for the part. The recall was for rear seat belts.

I managed to get the cover off the buckle and look inside. The red slide on the release button isn't picking up the catch on release. Thus leving it in the fastened position. I've sourced a new buckle for $55. I'll be able to fit it myself but then the airbag will need resetting.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Dazza2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Holden Commodore
Hi Matt,

Im currently having the same problem with my Ve but on my front passanger seat. How do you take the cover off the buckle? Thanks in advance!

Daz