Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE - New install getting a pop through the speakers

Apples22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI 3.6
Hey my problem is as the title states, i've got a popping noise coming through the speakers as i listen to my music. It's not when i turn the car on just when i'm actually listening to music. It's not alternator whine. I think it's a grounding loop.

The system consists of:
1 x pair of Vibe liteair 6 speakers
1 x Vibe blackbox stereo 4
1 x Fusion LOC
Standard SV6 headunit

It's all in a ute so i put the amp under the passengers side seat and the amp is directly earthed to the battery. The LOC also has an earth which is up just under the head unit and it is earthed there. Should i rerun the LOC earth over to the battery? Also would it be possible to run an earth from the head unit straight to the battery also?

BTW it sounds absolutely amazing, i'm massively impressed by these speakers, can't wait for them to break in. :rockon:

Thanks guys

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
popping... :hmm: could be something earthing that shouldn't be, or static charge in LOC

there's no requirement to earth headunit direct path to battery... at the very most, just upgrade std earth cable from battery to chassis by adding a new one...