Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Numbers.......

blackahcdx

Reaction score
VE: The numbers game
Glenn Butler, drive.com.au, 16/07/06

Selling cars is a numbers game and so, it turns out, is developing and building cars. Here's a few numbers unique to the Holden VE Commodore.

Holden's new VE range

3.4 million The number of kilometres Holden said its engineers covered developing the car.

1.04 billion The dollars invested developing and producing the short wheelbase Commodore sedan.

6.1 billion Total GM investment in Australia in the last 10 years, the equivalent of...

13 Telstra Domes that $6.1billion would have bought
3 Melbourne City Link projects
9 Sydney cross-city tunnels
190 million The dollars spent on long wheelbase derivatives. The most ever.

75 The number of years Holden has been in operation in Australia.

2 The number of models that have disappeared from the Commodore range (Executive and Acclaim).

180 & 195 The number of kiloWatts produced by two grades of 3.6 litre V6 engine.

3 The number of automatic transmissions offered across the range (4, 5 and 6-speed).

13 Commodore series before VE (VB, VC, VH, VK, VL, VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VX, VY, VZ).

10 Years Holden Commodore has been Australia's best-selling car.

60,518 Commodore variants exported to New Zealand, the Middle East, China and Korea in 2005.

152,646 vehicles produced by Holden at the Elizabeth plant in South Australia.

315,670 four and six-cylinder engines produced at Holden's Port Melbourne engine plant.

2.4 million Commodores produced since the first VB in 1978.

And the most important number of them all? ??,??? – the price of the new VE Commodore.

from www.drive.com.au

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
1991_Vn2nV said:
When will we find that out?
When all the other bad news is released:whistling
They held back on all the things that may be frowned upon such as price's, fuel consumption and pretty much the omega in general.
Its kinda like

Here is the ssv and calais v

Heres the omega and the stuff thats not that impressive

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Fuel price? Pfffft! Media frenzy!!! When will that fade into oblivion? European prices have been higher than the $1.50 Australian mark for many many years and when I was there in April 2005 there were just as many honking V8s (Mercs, Audis, Bimmers, etc) doing the rounds over there.

People who love cars don't care about fuel prices all that much. They drive V8's for the love of the car. And put another way... The price of the most popular and cheapest 25 pack of cigarettes - Winfield Blues - is now up to $13.00 in some places. At three packs a week that's $39.00 (and a lot of people smoke more than that!)

75litres of fuel at 89.9 cents per litre = $67.43
75litres of fuel at $1.50 per litre = $112.50

Price difference = $45.10

I don't smoke but I love my V8's. The next time I'm at work (I manage a Service Station by the way for one of the largest chains) and someone buys a pack of cigarettes AND complains about the price of petrol I'm gonna give them the figures!!! There is plenty more in Australia that people waste money on OTHER than higher than WE are used to fuel prices... Move on!!! Fuel prices had nowhere to to go but up... And I will continue to drive my 6.0L V8 with the biggest farkin smile on my face while looking over at Daddy Day Care in his Prius and watching his druel (in my rear view mirror) when I plant it on a green light! :D And hopefully I'll be in a new VE V8 buy Christmas.... (Calais V mmmmmmmmm)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah i agree with you to a point. the amount of money people spend on cigarettes is just ridiculous. what i dont like is that people just expect everyone to sacrifice something in their lives just to keep fuel in the car. whether its cigarette money, or just money youd rather save, we shouldnt have to put it all towards fuel

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I don't bother looking @ bowser price anymore....

petrol goes in, foot goes down, smile goes big.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
VP_Luke said:
I don't bother looking @ bowser price anymore....

petrol goes in, foot goes down, smile goes big.

Im lovin it ha ha ha ha its so true. IF you dont like the fuel price catch a train/bus/taxi and stop complaining. No one is forcing you to drive. I use to work at a servo and the amount of people i hear complain gave me the sh*ts. ha ha ha:shutup:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I had a couple of facts but cant remeber them properly one was like it takes 7 litres of paint to paint 1 VE. The other one was the amount of man hours it takes to make 1 car but forgot that. How much do the media s**t on Australian car manufacturers. Last night on the news they said "Holden releaes its whole new commodore but is marred by the price of fuel going up". And then they interview people in the street saying "Nah Im defiantely gonna buy something small. Its a guzzler". Nothing like good publicity hey?