Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve oil cooler

K_a_y_n_o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
Hi all,

Trying to find an oil cooler for my 2011 Ve ss manual L77. I've found a L98 oil cooler adaptor on aseturbo but I'm just trying to find out if the l98 adaptor will fit the l77? As far as I know it will, because the only difference between l98 and l77 are the internals, but I'd like to be 100%. Iv sent an email to ase but got no reply.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Contact PWR and they will sort you out and if the fittings are not right Pirtek can help...

Now, A few more details as to what type of "Oil Cooler" are you after(Engine, Gearbox, Power steering, Diff etc. etc. etc...) would help everyone, help you.

K_a_y_n_o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
Sorry, it's an engine oil cooler I'm after. Thank you, I'll have a look at pwr and see what they got. I know harrop have a kit but most kits I find are $600-$700, this adaptor is only 100ish and I'm sure I can get a cooler and lines for under $500!

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
A mate got the ASE adapter for his Series 2 SSV so I know it should also work. He also went the route of a PWR cooler and Pirtek fittings etc rather than buying a full kit (ASE and Harrop both do one for about the same money). Apparently, at the end of the day, his kit has ended up costing the same as those two kits but he has got a much bigger cooler.

K_a_y_n_o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
Righto I checked out pwr and they didn't have anything for the ve, but I emailed them and they said they'll have an oil cooler kit coming out within the next month! Also, ase got back to me and said the oil cooler adaptor should work if my l77 has the standard sump! I think I'll be going with the ase kit :) $650 ain't to bad