Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve omega 2007

holden12

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve holden commodore omega 2007
I have a Holden ve commodore when i park it up a hill on cold start it makes a crunching/grinding noise then goes away and now starting to make same noise parked down hill someone please help

MACE

Reaction score
I have a Holden ve commodore when i park it up a hill on cold start it makes a crunching/grinding noise then goes away and now starting to make same noise parked down hill someone please help

It could be a number of things I guess. Your best bet would be to record the sound and post it up on youtube for others to listen to.

Cheers,
Steve

holden12

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for your advice mate many people say its the starter motor others say its having an oil surge

MACE

Reaction score
That does not sound good :(

It certainly sound like it coming from the motor, maybe from the timing chain tensioner(?)

When hear how the chain tensioner snaps back in this alloytec (LY7) when being turned by hand, sounds similar to yours (though not a loud nor as frequent)
YouTube - ‪LY7 (cadillac CTS) timing problems‬‏

Hard to diagnose online so I may very well be wrong

Please keep us posted regardless

Kindest Regards,
Steve

holden12

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was told that the timing chains were gone by holden but im goning to get it diagnosed by holden maybe next week but thankyou for your help mate.