Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega 2010 Accelerator Speed Delimiter

herbager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2010
Hello,

I have just purchased a VE MY10 Omega Sedan, 6SP, 3.L.
I've noticed when accelerating there is a flat spot where there is no response from the pedal for a small amount of time (0.5-1sec).
This happens from varying speeds, not just from stand still and appears to be worst if you flaw the pedal.
I asked a Holden service centre about this and they said that this was the Speed Delimiter kicking in which basically reduces the strain on your gearbox because it prevents high stress from fast acceleration. So they basically said it was normal.

Can anyone else who has the same model VE confirm if you have the same experience?
Personally I feel its not normal as when I try to over take or move from the spot quickly I get a delay or lag in the accelerator pedal which is dangerous if you really need to move at that point.

Thanks.

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Mine has a speed limiter of 186kph. I rang Holden and they didn't want a bar of me. Tune shop will fix Holden limiters. But... The limiters are there for a reason, to protect something.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Mine has a speed limiter of 186kph. I rang Holden and they didn't want a bar of me. Tune shop will fix Holden limiters. But... The limiters are there for a reason, to protect something.

OP is talking about the torque management - why the hell would you want to go faster than that anyway? I wouldn't even know if mine has a limiter - I value my license.

Holden's not pulling a funny one with the talk of torque management, its something you can get tuned out but it'll void your warranty.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
It almost feels like the revs bounce off the limiter. But, the vehicle responds best when you only give it about 75% throttle, not when you kick her in the guts. Like it's built just to show off or something.

When I test drove a series 2, it felt much smoother. I'm not sure how much they tweaked the gear ratios, or if they even did at all Lol, but the whole package felt more refined.

herbager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2010
Your right, it mores more torque management then speed delimiter. Sorry for the confusion.
I've read on the internet that is an electronic throttle which can cause this.
Additional question - what does the stability control button do in the VE? (apart from the obvious)
When I turned that off and tested acceleration response and whether there was a lag it appeared to improve with almost no lag.