Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega and installing bluetooth module

Robmac78

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega
Once you have the Bluetooth module connected, does it need programming, or does it just work?

Bruce Morris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina, VE Omega Ute
I have a 2010 Omega and have fitted a Bluetooth module. My phone hooks up ok but when I get a call I can here them but they can't here me. But when I hook the phone up with a cord through the front Aux it works perfectly so it has a mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V6formethx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Auto Sedan + VE Commodore SV6 Man Ute
I have a 2010 Omega and have fitted a Bluetooth module. My phone hooks up ok but when I get a call I can here them but they can't here me. But when I hook the phone up with a cord through the front Aux it works perfectly so it has a mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Although it's been a while and I'm sure you've sorted yours by now, I'll still add this in case it helps anyone else.

When plugged in via AUX I think you'll find it's utilizing the mic on your phone, like if you put your phone on speaker it diverts the audio to the loudspeaker on the phone but nothing changes with the mic. Plugging in the AUX cord is only diverting the audio and mic is still the phone one in that scenario too. The AUX port on the stereo is only capable of receiving audio input and has no way to send back anything picked up from a car mounted mic to the phone.

Bottom line, you still need a mic, it's not there. Without the BT module a mic would have absolutely no purpose, so if it wasn't BT equipped from new and you had to go get that module, you'll have to go get the mic too. It's essentially a part of the BT module, just on an extension lead to a more desirable pickup location within the car.