Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Auto to tiptronic gear selector

anthonyenzo2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE 60th Anniversary Lumina
This may be the dumbest question to ever touch this page but I just cant find anything anywhere.

I have a 2008 Lumina which is the same as an Omega just with a few extra's. It has a 4 speed Auto box with a straight line gear selector which you can also select 1,2,3 gears under the standard P,R,N,D.

Can you swap that with a gear selector that has P,R,N,D and also the tiptronic option where you push the stick to the left and use the + or - to manually select gears??

I'm definitely not looking at changing the actual gear box just thought the extra feature could be something fun to use.
As its an electronic box id assume this would work but could also be the dumbest question too.
Holden-Commodore-VE-HSV-Auto-Gear-Selector.jpg
$_1.JPG

Attachments

• VE AUTO.jpg
    VE AUTO.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 425
  • VE TIPTRONIC.jpg
    VE TIPTRONIC.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 438

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Iv not attempted this.. but.. as long as your BCM, ECU and TCM support it.. I don't see why it wouldnt be a plug and play upgrade.

Best to probably check wiring diagrams as well incase there is anything missing between trip and non triptronic shifters.

Lachie Fulvio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
hey i was thinking of doing this, could you please let me know if it worked before i go tearing stuff apart? cheers

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Iv not attempted this.. but.. as long as your BCM, ECU and TCM support it.. I don't see why it wouldnt be a plug and play upgrade.

Best to probably check wiring diagrams as well incase there is anything missing between trip and non triptronic shifters.
I am currently trying to make exactly this work, vehicle is a 08 VE Omega Ute V6, have converted it to L98/6l80 from the same year Calais. One of the finishing touches on my list is to get the the tiptronic shifter working, I changed the vin in the calais BCM and plugged it in and the shifter will work, also gives me some extra features on the cluster but as it is a ute not a calais sedan there is a whole host of fault codes that appear.

Ive worked out that the BCMs are pinned the same and I can write the factory ute eeprom data to the calais bcm, so im now trying to figure out what I need to change in the utes eeprom data to make the tiptronic work, unfortunately there is quite a difference in the eeprom dumps so not sure how im going to go about it hahaha, but someone here might have an idea