Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega cruise control in sports mode

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Hello all,
After info on getting factory settings changed.
I have a VE Omega Jan. 2007 V6 LW2 factory dual fuel (LPG) 4 speed auto & ever since new when I go into sports mode my cruise control switches off, does any one know how I can prevent this from happening please, it is a real pain in the bum.
Thanks - Leigh

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been told the later models the cruise will work in sports mode, can any one confirm this please?
I have a long trip coming up towing a trailer which the owners manual says to use sports mode.
Cheers - Leigh

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
afaik cant be done without a custom tune

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Leigh,

From what I know from previous VE's when driving in sports mode and then setting the cruise control, it will take the car out of sports mode and back to normal. So I'm not too sure if the VE can be driven in sports mode with cruise control. This is on a 2007 model.

But I do know in my old 2011 Series 2 VE, that I could have the shifter in sports auto and still have cruise control function.

So I believe if you have the older style, PRND321, it will not work. But if you have PRND and then +/-, it should work.

Hope this helps.

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, yes mine is the old 4 speed auto & if I select sports mode my cruise switches off, I was wondering if a good man with TEC 2 could alter it. Cheers - Leigh

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Just to clarify - when you refer to sports mode, You mean having the stick shifted to the left but not full manual mode?

If so, I can confirm that cruise does work - I operate my ‘12 ss-z wagon in sports mode all the time - never had an issue with cruise

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
My sport shift mode switch is on the front of the floor gear console & SPT comes up on the centre dash when on & goes out when cruise is on.
I think I have it sorted out when I reread the owners manual, when cruise control is selected it is "neither sports or normal mode", maybe somewhere in between perhaps, I have never bothered to rev it & check out the change in shift speeds.
I will just keep on towing in cruise control which says it is allowed also.
Thank all for your help - Leigh