Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA door card liner replacement DIY

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Stupid me I was at bunnings yesterday and I forgot to ask them do they have any high strength/temp spay adhesive. looked at Amazon Aust and there are out of stock but considering amazon au copies the us amazon they might have never had any stock.
They don't keep it on the shelf, nor stock it. It is a "special order" only.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
*Office Jerks

Some good finds there.

The adhesive is yellow/white in colour. I have never had too much issue with coming through. Once it happened many years ago when I sprayed too heavy in one spot. Lucky it was not in an obvious place. I didn't wait for it to tac off enough.

In Australia, it dries much faster than the can suggests so plan well and work fast.

If you want a thin foam backing, I use scrim foam. I get it in sheets from foam supply places (not Clark Blubber). It is used in plumbing for wraping pipes. 1 or 2mm thick.

I get the foam down on the trim, then I get the fabric down.

Don't lay it all at once. Keep it up at one end and use your hand to gently firm it down in a swiping motion.
My original trim is ok and only come off up the top to the middle. Wont be taking the trim off the door, All i need to do is spray from the top a little and feed it using a plastic tool under the top of the door section which I think is Plastic

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Just fixed my saggy headliner by using this.$30 from Autobarn,perfect for the job.

Attachments

• 20200217_215225.jpg
    20200217_215225.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 183

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s the heat rating that’s the clincher. PermaTex do some cool stuff.

The 3M High Strength 90 has the highest heat rating of all the adhesives. Also costs around $30 Dollary Doos.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just remove all 4 and take the inserts off and cover them with something you like, spotlight or a car detailer will have fabric or vinyl, leave on the felt spray with this on both surfaces allow to tac off wrap it around let it dry. PS cut our the handle bit before you spray so u can wrap it over the lip, allow 20mm for overlap and cut a v in each corner so it wont crease.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct.../100307.html&usg=AOvVaw3rxn6xgSRPrF-tnGDnpo7j
I used it to fix foam on car seats so be fine on a door.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Please don’t buy fabric for a car interior from spotlight.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I was looking to replace my scratched up front door trims a few months back (previous owner must have opened doors with their foot) Holden wanted $600 for a new interior door card. Ended up getting one of those mobile plastic repairers over, came up like new. He also washed all the fabric inserts.
Pretty sure you can unclip the door handle once the card is off however the top (arm rest) trim is plastic welded so it would be tricky to get the new fabric glueed on Id reakon.
Cheers

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have removed the bottom seat on the rear red omega. Now thats out. Now I want to take the back part of the seat off. I can see down the bottom you have four bolts that protrude out a bit. Do you remove those four bolts? (I hope its held on the other end) Or is there something I have to do to get the back off. Yes I have to remove it so I can put seat covers on it. Start on the back. I have to forget about the middle bit that comes down to give you access to the boot then insert the lower part and then attach the seat cover on that too. So what is the process to remove the back bit where your back sits on? Thanks

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Bolts on bottom then lift the seat up towards the roof and it will unclip