Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
They actually supplied two harnesses but I think one does it.
Would the red banded connectors go on the lamps? I still dont have lamps.
They have two sockets in them whereas the black one has about eight.
The configeration of the harness idicates to me that the two red banded connectors go on the lamps and the large black one picks up another socket about 150 to 300 mm away from a lamp. Make sense?
Regards
Keith.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The red banded bits go to the lamps. There are some on ebay mate, keep an eye out for them. Yeah I think it makes sense. I'll try and sus it out. Thanks

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Pfffft! They're driving lights in my opinion. Disagree if you want but I don't give a ****. I will ALWAYS drive with mine on as they aren't even as bright as the headlights and do not dazzle oncoming traffic.

That is a load of S*&t, you obviously don't drive long distances in the dark regularly, there is only one thing that is more annoying/eye dazing then Fog lights and that is the high beam being left on.

And for truck drivers its even worse.

People who sit behind you with them on, they shine right in your mirrors, and also with on coming traffic they are harsh on the eyes when every second car has them on.

And in response to them not lighting up the road properly, they are not meant they are meant to light up just in front of the car and the side lines/ reflectors so you don't run off the road, if you have driven in real fog you know that they do come in handy, buy real fog i mean 20kph or less, when you can barely see 1m in front of you

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
That is a load of S*&t, you obviously don't drive long distances in the dark regularly, there is only one thing that is more annoying/eye dazing then Fog lights and that is the high beam being left on.

And for truck drivers its even worse.

People who sit behind you with them on, they shine right in your mirrors, and also with on coming traffic they are harsh on the eyes when every second car has them on.

:rofl:

Hahahahaha!!! Another one that missed the part where I said I DON'T GIVE A ****!!!

And anyone that flashes me gets 4 high beam lights switched on at them too... LOVE the HSV lights with the two extra high beam ones. :thumbsup:

Fact - the current Holden/HSV driving lights are designed so they are NOT AS BRIGHT AS THE MAIN HEADLIGHTS. I.e. the headlights will cause more glare than the driving lights. VX was the last model that were dazzling/blinding.

As for demerit points... Never been stopped or spoken to once about them. In fact, I see Police cars getting around with theirs on too.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

Hahahahaha!!! Another one that missed the part where I said I DON'T GIVE A ****!!!

And anyone that flashes me gets 4 high beam lights switched on at them too... LOVE the HSV lights with the two extra high beam ones. :thumbsup:

Fact - the current Holden/HSV driving lights are designed so they are NOT AS BRIGHT AS THE MAIN HEADLIGHTS. I.e. the headlights will cause more glare than the driving lights. VX was the last model that were dazzling/blinding.

As for demerit points... Never been stopped or spoken to once about them. In fact, I see Police cars getting around with theirs on too.

here here... look out for me mate i will flash 4 back at ya ;)

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125

I didn't never said they were brighter. Just try shinning 4 high beams, doesn't phase me at all, just wait until the day your little fog lights, or anyone's as a matter of fact! shine on the font of my 4WD . . . 2x100w High beams, 2x 130w spotters and the standard lights, enough to burn your retinas out.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Hahaha this thread has turned into "Who has more/brighter lights" lol pretty funny.

I'm afraid I can't win...All I have is the standard Omega/SV6/SS headlights. Don't have fog lights, double high beam lights or spotties either lol so I'm out.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Hahaha this thread has turned into "Who has more/brighter lights" lol pretty funny.

I'm afraid I can't win...All I have is the standard Omega/SV6/SS headlights. Don't have fog lights, double high beam lights or spotties either lol so I'm out.

Buy some mega spotties and hide 'em so you can get the unsuspecting buggers lol

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I gotta say thou I agree with CSP, the foggies on the VE Calais at least are disappointing in some ways. They dont go too far in front of the car (as it is intended to be) and I think are really there for looks.

My VX Berlina when I had factory foggies on that... oohhhh... they were soooo glary...

I too drive with the foggies on most times but for different reasons. Some f-wits out there dont understand the concept of an oncoming vehicle. MOVE OUTTA THE ****ING WAY!!!

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
... 2x100w High beams, 2x 130w spotters and the standard lights, enough to burn your retinas out.

Out of curiousity, you say that fog lights aren't necessary in normal conditions and yet you have all that wired to the front of a 'Toorak Tractor'?

I hardly think fog lights on a VE commo will burn someones retinas out.

Sorry to sound a little harsh but it sounds a little hipocritical to me.