Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
What a typical wanka attitude to have on the road?

Yes actually i have, they turn them off, same as when the pigs approach me with the high beam on, no one, and mean no gets my sympathy when they leave their high beam or fog lights on behind or approaching another car because it is the rudest, most inconsiderate and dangerous thing when driving in the night time.

219 Lights not to be used to dazzle other road users
A driver must not use, or allow to be used, any light fitted to
or in the driver’s vehicle to dazzle, or in a way that is likely
to dazzle, another road user.

And if the copper tries to book me for i whip out my camera phone take a photo oh his fog lights on and he can't book you for doing it if he is doing it.

300 Use of mobile phones
(1) The driver of a vehicle (except an emergency vehicle or
police vehicle) must not use a mobile phone that the driver
is holding in his or her hand while the vehicle is moving, or
is stationary but not parked, unless the driver is exempt from
this rule under another law of this jurisdiction.

Same as they tried to breath test me twice the other night in he same pull over session i refused the second one because it was like 5 minutes after the first one and there was jack he could do about it because i dropped the word harassment, he said OK then and left it at that.

If you refuse to submit to a breath analysis test then you will be charged with high range PCA (prescribed concentration of alcohol) irrespective of your actual PCA. The maximum penalty fDisqualification MaximumDisqualification Automaticor this offence is a fine of $3,300.00 or imprisonment for 18 months or both (in the case of a first offence) or a fine of $5,500.00 or imprisonment for 2 years or both (in the case of a second or subsequent offence).

If you can't live by the rules then get off the road...

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Reviving an old thread here. The berlina lights can be hooked up to the factory switch. My dads car was wired up by an auto electrician and they got it working off the switch. No symbol on the dash but it all works. I'll try and work out how they did it and maybe post a how to on it. For those in SA that want it done, the guys at Elizabeth Auto Electrics were the ones that wired it up so go see them as they now know how to do it. My dads car was the guinea pig for this.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Reviving an old thread here. The berlina lights can be hooked up to the factory switch. My dads car was wired up by an auto electrician and they got it working off the switch. No symbol on the dash but it all works. I'll try and work out how they did it and maybe post a how to on it. For those in SA that want it done, the guys at Elizabeth Auto Electrics were the ones that wired it up so go see them as they now know how to do it. My dads car was the guinea pig for this.

When you say factory switch, is that the omega light switch, or did you buy an sv6/ss light switch? Are the sv6 light switches the same as vz/vy where you flick it to parkers then pull the switch out a click to turn spotties on, or are they different? Interested as I am looking at doing this to my one, so wanting to know if I need to buy one of those.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
When you say factory switch, is that the omega light switch, or did you buy an sv6/ss light switch? Are the sv6 light switches the same as vz/vy where you flick it to parkers then pull the switch out a click to turn spotties on, or are they different? Interested as I am looking at doing this to my one, so wanting to know if I need to buy one of those.

Yes by factory switch I mean the SV6/SS/Berlina/Calais/Statesmans/HSV, lol (they are used in so many models now). The switches are like the VY/VZ ones where you pull them out to activate the foglights but are a different switch. So basically the answer to your question is yes, you need to buy a foglights equipped switch.

Also to add something to that you can also buy the loom that plugs into the foglights to make it easier. This loom plug into both foglights then goes to a plug (doesn't exsist on the omegas). This makes it easier cos the auto elec can tap into the plug and not direct to the lights. The connections to the lights are a weather proof design so water doesn't get into them. The loom requires you taking your front bar off to run it as it clips onto the front bar. You'll see what I mean when you get the loom and try and fit it to the car.

The part number for this loom is 92172577. You should be able to get this from any Holden spare parts dealer. We got ours from moter traders and it only costs $20.75. Makes things a little easier for the electrician or yourself.

P.S Sorry about the long post, :p.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
excellent, thanks for that. Looks like I will be buying the bezels new, a wrecker quoted be $90 for the pair.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I think they are cheaper than that. Try Holden spare parts first. Can't remember the cost of them but didn't think they cost that much.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Aaaanyway back to fog lights on an omega lol ;)

I have just purchase a VE SS front bumper (came with grills + foggies) on ebay for $300. It is a near new bumper already painted in my colour and only done 500ks.

Anyway, enouh of my great buy haha. (i think so anyway). I need to get my foggies wired up to my Omega. I will probably purchase the interior light switch that includes the foglight switch. Has anyone successfully wired up the foglights, i need to know what to do from here.

Cheers,
Dave

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Yeah I was looking at that too, since the ss and berlina lights are the same, Im just doing the lights for now, till I can find the front bar, then Ill do that.