Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Aaaanyway back to fog lights on an omega lol ;)

I have just purchase a VE SS front bumper (came with grills + foggies) on ebay for $300. It is a near new bumper already painted in my colour and only done 500ks.

Anyway, enouh of my great buy haha. (i think so anyway). I need to get my foggies wired up to my Omega. I will probably purchase the interior light switch that includes the foglight switch. Has anyone successfully wired up the foglights, i need to know what to do from here.

Cheers,
Dave

Where are you located?

It has been done on my dads car (Berlina and SS use the same lights). But we didn't wire it up. I'll try and find out how it was done and try to post a how to on the weekend. I just put up a how to thread to show how to take off the VE bumpers. Might be useful for you.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Where are you located?

It has been done on my dads car (Berlina and SS use the same lights). But we didn't wire it up. I'll try and find out how it was done and try to post a how to on the weekend. I just put up a how to thread to show how to take off the VE bumpers. Might be useful for you.

Thanks Nick, A wiring how-to would be great! Where will it be posted? i will look out for it. Do you know where exactly the wires enter the cabin? I remember this was a bitch when fitting foglights to my VS, had to drill through the wall into the cabin - something im not willing to do with a VE lol.

The bumper replacment is fairly straightforward and i have already done it, however i don't think a how-to has been posted for that yet and others will definatly benefit =)

Unfortunatly I am in Sydney so i can't use the SA place you mentioned earlier.

VE_Driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just to get in on the whole fog lights drama... This is direct from the QLD Department of Transport...

Fog lamps are intended to improve the illumination of the road in
conditions of fog, snowfall, rainstorms or dust clouds.
The ADRs do not specify the maximum wattage of bulbs used in fog
lamps but are required to be so designed to provide illumination with
limited dazzle. There is no restriction in Queensland legislation as to
where fog lamps can be used, for example built up areas.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb623d40bca6f9e/VSI_G_1.0_Auxiliary_Driving_Lamps_Fitted_to_Motor_Vehicles.pdf

At least this might sort out some of the drama.

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
Page three dude...

• Fog lamps must not be used except in fog or mist or under other
atmospheric conditions which restrict visibility.

So there legal document is basically saying you can use them ANY where, only under conditionswhich restrcit vsibility dude, it is illegal.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nothing yet, haven't had time. Might try this weekend if I get a spare hour or two. Sorry mate.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
last week i purchased the fog bezel for my ve omega however seeing about $300 for a set of genuine fog lamps i instead got a set of aftermarket fog lights off ebay for $30. at first they did not fit the bezel so i made custom brackets so they fit ok now.

as for wiring today i purchased a headlamp wiring kit from supercheapauto for $20, the setup is pre-wired, fused, relay & switch, all is needed is to plug & play. i'm installing everything this sunday so hopefully will have my camera snapshots while installing it.

its what i could only afford at the moment but all up for the parts only cost me $100 (bargain!!!) where as all genuine parts would've been $400.

question: which bung in the firewall of the omega is the best route to feed cables from cabin to engine bay?

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
hmm interesting. Ive already got the fog/lights and bezels, and the fog-light-equipped light switch. But i may get the $20 aftermarket wiring kit for the rest.

Let us know how you go, and where you end up feeding those cables through into the cabin.

Cheers,
Dave