Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
By the sounds of things, the Omega's don't have any provisions in the wiring for fog lights unlike previous models. It wouldn't be hard to use an aftermarket wiring kit and retain the factory fog light switch, but a loom may need to be purchased in order to adapt the aftermarket kit to the switch/foglights unless they are prewired.
Cheers

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
Today I set on completing the Fog Lamp install. Camera ready here are some photos of my progress.

fogz10.jpg

Its the Berlina fog bezel custom fitted with an aftermarket fog lamp as I couldn't afford the genuine ones. Notice the aftermarket fog lamps have its on chrome circle. If I took that off then the actual lamp size is smaller than the hole of the bezel by 1cm around, so I left it on, it ain't look too bad having double chrome.

fogz9.jpg

These are the components of the Driving Light Wiring Kit where I bought from SuperCheap and also had the wires encased in Black Insulated Tubing also bought from the same place.

fogz8.jpg

To the right of the Brake Master Cylinder is the grommet I used to tunnel my cabling through. View from engine bay.

fogz7.jpg

View from inside cabin. The grommet in the previous photo you now see from inside and I've started to feed cable through. The most difficult part was making the hole in the grommet took ages due to the tight space underneath the steering wheel. Very very difficult to move under there.

fogz5.jpg

Cable finally fed through firewall and cable tied route to fuse compartment.

fogz4.jpg

View cable running pass ABS module.

fogz6.jpg

The relay from the kit rest besides the fuse compartment and the remaining non-insulated cables tap into the fuse box. The two other tubed cable, one runs down to the left bezel and the other runs behind the front bar to the right side bezel.

fogz2.jpg

Currently the aftermarket fog button switch is stuck next to the wipers stalk as I'm yet to decide where to put it.

fogz3.jpg

Final result, fog lights switched off. Sorry car was the washed yet but had rained the night before.

fogz1.jpg

Fog lights switched on. Sweet.... the end.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Great post dude. Those aftermarket lights are the shiznit!! :D and the job was done fairly cheaply too. Are you thinking of getting the fog light equipped switch in place of the aftermarket one?

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
I'm happy with the aftermarket button so far as it has internal LED to show the lights are on.

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
those after market lights are the type that piss most people of. there is a differnece between, spot, driving and fog lamps.

I done this to my omega when I purchased it new 18 months ago, after holden said it couldnt be done. the berlina bezels fitted nicely and I picked up genuine foglights from ebay for $100. i wired them up myself to an aftermarket switch under the dash, you can turn it on and off whilst in the drivers position but it isnt visable.

its fused and wired to a relay under the bonnet.

VEOmega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Lumina
Does any one know a good auto electrician in the northern suburbs of Melbourne to install fog lights for my VE Lumina? What am I looking at cost wise $ ? What about the dealership?

lojo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore 2010international
I recently purchased a 2010 Commodore International. Just upgraded the headlight globes with Phillips Extreme Power (+80%) for a great and legal result. Wanted to add fog lights. Got a genuine Berlina set with bezels from Holmart. Spoke to my local Holden Dealer who put me onto their recommended outsource auto electrician. Said I needed to buy the switch but did not require the wiring harness as most was already installed. The auto electrician was Fountain Gate Auto Electrics in Narre Warren. Charged $250 to do a three hour installation. Everything is working the way it was designed to do and they have even got the dashboard light working. Switch was $70. So all up it has cost me about $600 for the fog lights. Had to drive in heavy rain the other night and the Phillips Extreme Power combined with the foglights was worth every dollar spent.

VEOmega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Lumina
I live in Northcote (Melbourne), does anyone know of a good auto elec near that area who can install the Berlina foggies on my Lumina? What am I looking at price wise?

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yes. VE Berlina ones fit in it. Take out the grills (they just pull out) and put Berlina bezels in and the lights attach to the back of the bar. Berlina and omega share the same bumper. Yet to wire them up though.
No I would really like to put on the sv6 bumper though I know the Berlina fog lights are a direct fit

Anthonie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Pfffft! They're driving lights in my opinion. Disagree if you want but I don't give a ****. I will ALWAYS drive with mine on as they aren't even as bright as the headlights and do not dazzle oncoming traffic.
Thank you I could not agree more