Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
NickVR, are the Berlina foglights the same as the SS ones?

The actual lights I mean not the bezels I realise they are different.

Regards
Keith.

Yes. The SS are the same as Berlina ones. They are the same light used for the whole range as far as I am aware. The ones we used are SS ones.

Not being one to do or suggest a dodgy job, but wouldn't it be just as easy to drop a small loom off the high beam wiring through a relay and onto the added lights?

Did you have to take the bumper off to mount the lights etc.?

Are they really worth adding?
I added the genuine ones to a VT and also had them on my VYII Berlina and was not all that impressed with the amount of light they pushed out in the dark.

I didn't realise they were that easy to fit but if they throw better light on the road I will definately add them.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards
Keith.

It's a 30min job to fit them. Pull out the omega grill push in the berlina one and get under the car and mount/screw in the lights.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Make sure that you only use them when foggy or similar and with your headlights OFF. Hopefully that will prevent you from annoying s*&@t out of everyone and perhaps even save a life or two by not contributing to unecessary glare etc.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Thats why I suggested that they go through the Hi Beam. That restricts their use to non built up areas and not within the statutory distance of other road users.

For those who do use them around the suburbs, against the law, there is a fine and loss of two points if pulled over-and rightly so.

Thanks NickVR for the feedback on the installation, much appreciated.

Reagards
Keith

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Pfffft! They're driving lights in my opinion. Disagree if you want but I don't give a ****. I will ALWAYS drive with mine on as they aren't even as bright as the headlights and do not dazzle oncoming traffic.

ansett727rma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
If they are fog lights then they should be a low beam light! Connecting to high beam only would negate the effect of helping see in fog in most cases. A fog light is designrd to see under the fog and not illuminate it!

ansett727rma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
Does anyone know how to pop out the headlight switch so that I can see if there are wires in the harness for the foglights as I would like to utilise this and the dash indicator light for my fog light installation. Also is there a wiring diagram for the VE available?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
There's no loom there according to holden when they checked my grandmothers out. They had to be wired in.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Pfffft! They're driving lights in my opinion. Disagree if you want but I don't give a ****. I will ALWAYS drive with mine on as they aren't even as bright as the headlights and do not dazzle oncoming traffic.

Please yourself, i value my money and demerit points.:whistling

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Doesn't matter even if they are driving lights because it's illegal to have more then one set of headlights on when facing oncoming traffic.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
For those interested in the retail price from Holden it is as follows.
Bezel 22.50 each. (X2=45.00)
Lamp 141.25 each. (X2=282.50)
Harness 22.75 each. (X2=45.50)
Bolt/Screw 0.95 each. (X8=7.60)
Nut Plastic 0.95 each. (X8=7.60)
Giving a total of $427.02 (including GST of $38.82)
As I guess most of us can get trade price that makes it about.... Ah! you can do the maths.
And obviously shop it around on ebay etc. you could really nock the price around.
Or leave all your cash in the bank, whatever rocks your boat I guess.
Regards
Keith.