Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Foglights?

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
As for the truck drivers and all their BING BING Bullsh*t lights!! Maybe with less drugs they might slow down and stop being cowboys!!

One could only wish!!!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
get some a pillar spotlights like the yankee cops use, i was gonna get some for my lexcen but then i sold it....

im gonna get normal driving lights for my VP calais like the SS and internationals have

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
ve spotties, fogs or driving lights must be crap cos the ones in my vz work well.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Out of curiousity, you say that fog lights aren't necessary in normal conditions and yet you have all that wired to the front of a 'Toorak Tractor'?

I hardly think fog lights on a VE commo will burn someones retinas out.

Sorry to sound a little harsh but it sounds a little hipocritical to me.

Yes, driving lights, they are used for driving in the night time, unlike for lights which should only be used in the fog, because they light up the reflectors, and the side lines on the road.

The reason for so many lights on the front of the 4WD is because we have had 2 new front ends on it in the last year thanks to roos.

AND i never said VE foggies will burn your retina out, i mean all the lights on the front of the 4WD, will get turned on when people approach me with their fog lights on because its, illegal and rude, also inconsiderate.

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Yes, driving lights, they are used for driving in the night time, unlike for lights which should only be used in the fog, because they light up the reflectors, and the side lines on the road.

The reason for so many lights on the front of the 4WD is because we have had 2 new front ends on it in the last year thanks to roos.

AND i never said VE foggies will burn your retina out, i mean all the lights on the front of the 4WD, will get turned on when people approach me with their fog lights on because its, illegal and rude, also inconsiderate.

If thats the case, you turning on all your lights, then your just an big idiot!!!

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
If thats the case, you turning on all your lights, then your just an big idiot!!!

So i am a big idiot for turning on both sets of drivings lights, which are perfectly legal to supplement your standard high beam, is that what your saying? please explain to me why i am an idiot when these help people see further?

Where as fog lights if properly adjusted will light up directly around the front of the car, and are illegal to use unless its foggy.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I think he's saying if you turn all your lights on your 4wd on when someone passes with their fog/driving lights on then your an idiot?

I'm staying out of this discussion lol. Just noticed its been brought up again so was interested to see whats being said now lol.

For the record it doesn't bother me either way if someone drives past with their fog/driving lights on. Do find it a bit weird when they're on during the day though. But each to their own.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
i mean all the lights on the front of the 4WD, will get turned on when people approach me with their fog lights on because its, illegal and rude, also inconsiderate.

I have seen quite a few police cars with there fog lights on... would you flash them as well ?

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
I have seen quite a few police cars with there fog lights on... would you flash them as well ?

Yes actually i have, they turn them off, same as when the pigs approach me with the high beam on, no one, and mean no gets my sympathy when they leave their high beam or fog lights on behind or approaching another car because it is the rudest, most inconsiderate and dangerous thing when driving in the night time.

And if the copper tries to book me for i whip out my camera phone take a photo oh his fog lights on and he can't book you for doing it if he is doing it.

Same as they tried to breath test me twice the other night in he same pull over session i refused the second one because it was like 5 minutes after the first one and there was jack he could do about it because i dropped the word harassment, he said OK then and left it at that.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Pfffft! They're driving lights in my opinion. Disagree if you want but I don't give a ****. I will ALWAYS drive with mine on as they aren't even as bright as the headlights and do not dazzle oncoming traffic.

You must have demerit points to give away, it is ILLEGAL!

217 Using fog lights
(1) The driver of a vehicle fitted with front fog lights or rear fog
lights must not operate the fog light unless the driver is
driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions causing
reduced visibility.
Offence provision.
(2) In this rule:
front fog light means a light (other than a headlight) fitted
to the front of a vehicle to improve illumination of the road
in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.
rear fog light means a light (other than a brake light, a tail
light, a number plate light or a reversing light) fitted to the
rear of a vehicle to make the vehicle more easily visible
from the rear in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds.