Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve omega lpg/pet prob

marsbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
hi guys
i have a 2007 ve omega , lpg / petrol (factory fitted)
i bought 1 year ago and have always suspected it was using too much petrol ,even on gas , and took it to the dealer when it was still under warranty , but he said it all checks out ok and is normal .. but now the gas / petrol switch is beeping all the time . even with full tank of gas , and is using heaps of petrol , and its always switched to lpg ..i realise it uses a little petrol when starting the car , and i can still hear something click near the tank when i switch it on or off .. i think its just using petrol even though its switched to gas .im not sure if its direct injection .. any advice will be good thanks ..

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
A FEW QUESTIONS WHEN What colour light is showing while beeping is happening. With these IMPCO BRC systems the car starts on petrol and runs on petrol until water temp in radiator reaches 45 degrees 0r 47.5 on mine ( Changes on which techs installs at HSVI). When running on fuel it will show red light on the switch panel near petrol bowswers symbol. wh en running on gas it will show green light as well as (LEDs fuel gauge lights) 4 if full near gas tank symbol on switch. If this green light is showing orange it is indicating the car is changeing from petrol to gas but requires the revs to go over 2000rpm to full change over. ( it still runns on petrol until orange light changes to green. If the orange light stays on for too long then the beeping is heard until full change over then goes green. (still running on Petrol)

If this continues to beep and wont change over, the system is designed to run soley on petrol as it has both gas and petrol injectors but will only run one fuel at each time.
I have seen this problem and it appears tobe the circuit breaker for the lpg changeover that is faulty and needs replacement.

Unfortunatly not many Holden GAS techs dont no how these systems work and rely on guess work and the minimal info in the texts books on the systems and will no doubt sub contract the work to a gas expert. Be careful who they send it to or find someone who installs IMPCO systems and has the proper training and computer dianostics for this system.

It is an advanced system and with the right computer programme is better than a tech2 which holden will use but wont find the problem. This system reads the computer from the car and can see what each LPG injector is doing and compare injectors of how much fuel is running through each and can be switched off one by one for easy fault finding. Sorry a bit winded but finfd an IMPCO service centre or eqivilent who will find and fix not just guess.

But i would say def circut breaker and this is not allowing change over as regards to fuel it uses the same ecu for pet/gas and should not use much more than 11litres per 100 around city if so i will be thinkinking blocked fuel injectors common when not run on petrol enough or using 91oct as this lines and blocks injectors while car is running on lpg.

marsbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
lpg/gas prob

thanks for the information ..
i had the switch set to lpg this morning on the way to work ..
the 3 green leds and the red light at the top ... after about 2 kilometers the beeping started and the 4 green lights and the red light remain the same .. im preety sure the red light has always been there since i have had the car you say the colors change with the switch over .. i have never seen this ..switching the switch to petrol and all the lights dissappear .. , i said i have been suspicious about the system from day 1 ... i work only 7 or 8 mins from home and during the week this is all the driving i doo .. but still find the dashboards fuel symbol (low fuel) comes up every 4 or 5 days when im always switched to gas .i think i spend more money on petrol than gas.. i will have to doo some more study ........ i think i will do as you sugested and find a impco systems installer ..
thanks again

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
As previously stated while the led LIGHT is RED YOUR VE is running on petrol and not gas. The change over goes from red to orange then the click in the tank and over to green then running on gas. while running on Petrol and there is gas in the tank the green LEDS for the fuel level will still show but as stated it is failing to change over to gas and wont use any of it until the red light changes green this is in the change over and cause is the circuit breaker in the electric changeover sequence. Do find an IMPCO service centre but make sure they use the genuine GM part as the GM parts are different to the normal IMPCO parts this is done so only Holden stock the parts Good luck very good LPG system and these VE's run awesome with them and saving $50 every fill instead of the filling with Petrol use the 98octane helps lube the valves a bit better than 91oct which leaves burns stains after time.

Bob W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Dual Fuel S2
If you have had any of the above problems; I suggest you get the cables to the gas injection system checked.

These cables are the wires running to the LPG system, sitting on top of your engine.

You may find the tape around the wires has become hard & brittle. The resulting tension may be causing poor electrical connections.

Once the tape is removed and the cables loosened up, the problems with misfiring (“Check Engine” warning light; rough running; and changing from LPG to petrol) maybe permanently resolved.

I have been having intermittent problems with my 2010 VE Series II Dual Fuel for over 12 months. As everyone advises, I took my car to my local Impco recommended repairer.

Although the car had only done 40,000 km, the mechanic convinced me to change 2 of the injectors. As he inadvertently moved the cables when fitting the injectors, this fixed the problem for a while.

When the misfiring returned, the Impco “expert” recommended I changed the remaining 4 injectors. Again, moving the cables fixed the problem for a few weeks.

Finally in his frustration, the local mechanic referred me to the Impco State Manager. The Manager attached his laptop and noticed error messages whenever he touch the injector wiring.

Why the local Impco trained mechanic couldn’t have done this simple troubleshooting himself and saved me over $1000, is beyond me!

However, I share my story in the hope of sparing someone else the same time and expense.

Hopefully my local mechanic will read this too and learn to always look for the easy and low cost things first.

Happy & economical V6 LPG motoring.
Bob