Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve omega "mechanism error" blaupunkt unit

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Last night got to my car to find the cd sticking out, went to put it in and it wouldn't take it and kept trying to eject a disk that was already ejected, anyways after numerous times it took and it was working and then when I arrived home I thought I would make sure it was just a one off. As usual my luck, it wasn't, mechanism error and disk error non stop... Tries to read a disk when there isn't one in there. Also tries to eject it because it thinks there's something in there. I did a search and going either you have to send to Bosch for repairs or fork out for a new one. However I stumbled accross some thing that says its the mechanism bent which pulled apart can be fixed. Does any one have any information on my problem, I tried eBay but couldn't find one, also a second hand one will require coding to the bcm and personalizing to the vin, is that correct?? Going through a nice string of problems at the moment :(

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Hi there kizza50

The CD Mech can be removed from the main unit, and replaced if required.
(The CD Mechanism unit will not require re-coding)

However if you are changing the whole main unit, then the main unit will require the VIN number of your car to be programmed in to it.

Here is a picture of the main unit. (This is a CalaisV / SSV / HSV model)
image.php

Looking side on, the upper part of the unit is the CD Mech, which you can unscrew and remove from the main assembly.
image.php

Keep an eye out on ebay, as you should be able to source a whole Omega unit fairly cheaply ($100 or so) as a lot of people are upgrading to the Colour LCD headunit from Calais/SSV/HSV models.
I hope this helps.

jackfrost

Jack Frost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Omega Ute
@Zerone_V

I've got the exact same problem happening with my Omega, Is it possible to replace the Unit with the SV6 variant? and if so will I have to reprogramme the VIN etc?
I'd assume you would have to get than done at a Holden dealer and very costly....
Also a local nearby me is selling a VE omega unit (From the main Screen down) If i purchased that would I be able to get away without reprogramming anything? (Omega Images Below)

3556km0_20.jpeg

2102hhn_20.jpeg

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Very useful information... Does anyone have a quick how to on removing the head unit and also is it possible to bend the mechanism back to it's original position?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I'm not too sure about fixing the CD Mechanism (I have never taken the mech apart, or had a problem with one, so I cant really comment on that side of things).

If you want to change the main unit (I.E. the bottom part of the Radio), then you will need to program the VIN number to that unit.
(This includes upgrading and downgrading from one unit to another unit).

If you are just replacing the CD Mechanism, (I.E. you are keeping the main guts of your radio), then because the guts have already been programmed with your cars VIN number, then you will have no problems.

Just keep in mind that some radio variants (I am not sure which ones exactly) have a single CD Mechanism, and others have the 6 CD Stack mechanism.
I don't think you can interchange these mechanisms, as the main unit will not know how to handle a stacker mech if fitted to a single cd mechanism radio.
I could be wrong about this, (As I have only played around with the Colour LCD headunits)

Information on how to remove the main unit, as well as programming the VIN number can be found here.
www.carmodder.com • Programming the Colour LCD HVAC / Radio for the Holden VE Commodore

I hope this helps.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Does anyone know if you can fix them by bending the mechanics back? I don't want to pull it apart to find you can't and then put it back together to find I need a new mechanism and then do the same job twice, I guess for now ill use the aux

CreatioN88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 08
have the same problem took it to a audio place they wanted to send it to holden in Vic? woulda cost me 500 i said no ill just use aux 2 weeks of beeping everytime i started it was crazyyy.. then it just stoped and now has worked for 2 weeks :) hope it stays like that. and i was told i cant upgrade to the sv6 or any outher 1 ? so i never got a new one so still got the shitty omega standed

sd1201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
This same thing happened with my 2008 Omega. I disconnected the battery for about an hour, reconnected it, luckily i didnt need the security code and everything worked fine. I pull the cd out every time now - which is a pain in the butt.. but at least i can play cds again

@Zerone_V

I've got the exact same problem happening with my Omega, Is it possible to replace the Unit with the SV6 variant? and if so will I have to reprogramme the VIN etc?
I'd assume you would have to get than done at a Holden dealer and very costly....
Also a local nearby me is selling a VE omega unit (From the main Screen down) If i purchased that would I be able to get away without reprogramming anything? (Omega Images Below)

3556km0_20.jpeg

2102hhn_20.jpeg

Kirien Payne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
The mechanism error is doing the same thing to my 2008 omega, I called Holden and they've told me that the head unit is buggered on it.

Bevan Greenwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore 2008 v6 sedan
Mechanism Error displays on the screen and won't take in the disc. I have a be omega 2008. Really don't know what to do.