Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega MY11 on Factory LPG Issue Rough Idle & Drive

asimrc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II Omega Dual Fuel
I have 175,000 km on my vehicle it’s an X Bunnings lease vehicle Factory Dual Fuel. Lately it started to idle and drive very rough on LPG. The whole car would shake violently on LPG and check engine warning light comes on and dash starts to beep repeatedly. Check engine light remains on if I switch it to gas and after about 5 minutes the roughness goes away. If I shut it down and restart after a couple of minutes on petrol it is fine and can drive it all day on petrol without an issue. Sometimes after driving it a bit on petrol if I switch it to gas it will work smooth on gas for anywhere between 20km to 100km and the roughness starts again.

I took it to my mechanic he is pretty good with LPG he fitted the LPG kit on my previous car (vx commodore ran great until nrma wrote it off). He cleaned the injectors and installed a new relay switch behind the front passenger side headlights. Worked smooth for about a month which included 3000km and then the problem has started again

Anyone else had a similar issue if so what did you do to fix it.

Sorry for the long story.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
gas injectors? or maybe o2 sensors. Spark plugs, leads ignotion all things that need to be top notch quality when running on lpg.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
had same relay replaced all good