Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Recirculation problem

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
mine is a july 08 ssv 60th anniversary and i got it and i find it works well
especially through the M5 tunnel in Sydney. which is the most polluted tunnel in the world........

rick43

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega
Thanks everyone, I tried the HVAC door relearn and as far as I can tell, all the actuators are working, I'll see just how well when I take her out tomorrow. Also tried setting pollution mode, though if anything happened I got no indication. Unfortunately it'll be a few days until I can test that one :(

The headaches are confirmed to be from the fumes and not the aircon....and these are the fumes from the M5 tunnel in Sydney...

Again, cheers for the help and I'll post the results in a few days :)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
I have found when you turn recirculation off then on and hold the button for 3 seconds it completely blocks the vent off for that use of the car, went and had a look around the feature is called pollution mode.

I've tried this many a time in my '08 VE SS and I've never seen a message come up on the screen for polution mode, so I'm not sure if it is even on all models?

no its not on some models
as it became an uncontrollable safety item due toue c02 readings in (very few) c'dores
so i think past 07/08 its not controllable (not 100% sure of cut of date though)

mine is a july 08 ssv 60th anniversary and i got it and i find it works well
especially through the M5 tunnel in Sydney. which is the most polluted tunnel in the world........

Can anyone post a pic of this confirmation of pollution mode? I've got an 08 SV6 and i'm starting to think "pollution mode" is a myth...
I've never had fume problems on recirc mode, but have tried this so called "pollution" mode, got no confirmations...

Thanks everyone, I tried the HVAC door relearn and as far as I can tell, all the actuators are working, I'll see just how well when I take her out tomorrow. Also tried setting pollution mode, though if anything happened I got no indication. Unfortunately it'll be a few days until I can test that one :(

The headaches are confirmed to be from the fumes and not the aircon....and these are the fumes from the M5 tunnel in Sydney...

Again, cheers for the help and I'll post the results in a few days :)

how'd you go? has the relearn rectified the problems?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Its not a myth i've seen the message lots of times , I don't use it though because recirc mode is too noisy. sounds like a hurricane.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
turning on off: press and hold the recirculation button for 4 seconds
When pollution mode is activated, the display shows Pollution Mode Activated
When it is switched off, the display shows Pollution Mode Inactive on screen for a few seconds

this is definately for an 08 ve commodore

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Its not a myth i've seen the message lots of times , I don't use it though because recirc mode is too noisy. sounds like a hurricane.

turning on off: press and hold the recirculation button for 4 seconds
When pollution mode is activated, the display shows Pollution Mode Activated
When it is switched off, the display shows Pollution Mode Inactive on screen for a few seconds

this is definately for an 08 ve commodore

yes, i understand what you are saying, and believe me, i've tried all methods posted (most vary the time to hold button, some alternate on/off order) but regardless of methods, nothing is being displayed, and there is no difference in sounds/performance/airflow. thus I beleive it's a myth :p

can anyone post a pic of pollution confirmation?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
look man that IS how you do it for YOUR model car
are you pressing the right button
press hold rear demist relearns max values of flap positions
pree hold recirc button turns off purging of co2 (not recomended for very long drives)

fyi the flap relearn may relearn the recirc flap but it doesnt tell you if the flap has chewed out the connection to the motor
pull the blower fan out lh lower dash and see if the big flap in htere moves when you hit the recirc button (ign on,a/c on, fan motor on lowest speed)
this will eliminate the flap as a problem but you have to have a torch and check it goes all the way like 120 degress almost
is the difference between freash and recirc

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You can also check the recirc flap by pulling the leaf filter/pollen filter out and watching to see if the flap opens and closes properly.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
look man that IS how you do it for YOUR model car
are you pressing the right button
press hold rear demist relearns max values of flap positions
pree hold recirc button turns off purging of co2 (not recomended for very long drives)

fyi the flap relearn may relearn the recirc flap but it doesnt tell you if the flap has chewed out the connection to the motor
pull the blower fan out lh lower dash and see if the big flap in htere moves when you hit the recirc button (ign on,a/c on, fan motor on lowest speed)
this will eliminate the flap as a problem but you have to have a torch and check it goes all the way like 120 degress almost
is the difference between freash and recirc

You can also check the recirc flap by pulling the leaf filter/pollen filter out and watching to see if the flap opens and closes properly.

just before people start flaming, let me make it perfectly clear that; I believe you when you state the proceedure for pollution and relearn.
let me also make it clear I have tried these. In my prev post, i was reinforcing that I have tried all methods posted as well, incase one differed from the other.

Also be aware, yes i'm trying it at both low speed/standstill and at high speed to be sure it isn't speed sensitive (pollution mode) as some say it is.

NOW, yes, i have checked, and my recirc flap is fully functioning between positions as it should.
I still seem to be unable to obtain pollution mode, even after a relearn procedure.

as a MAYBE, my entire HVAC was replaced under warranty, a software upgrade and a door replaced under warranty some time ago. I do not have thew paperwork on me now to state what was done EXACTLY but that's the general gist of it.
there is a possibility that my car no longer is able to achieve pollution mode...

i'm still keen on a pic of the dash message... it's the Loch Ness monster to me ATM.. :D

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I don't get a confirmation either in my August 08 build SS, so don't know if pollution mode exists on mine. I've tried it a few times, but, given that I just leave it on recirc anyway (colder air - and cold inside is good!) it doesn't bother me one way or the other.