Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Series 2 WAGON audio upgrades

reedola

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Omega Wagon
Hi all,

I'm looking at upgrading the filthy stock system in my wagon and am looking for inspiration. Has anyone successfully upgraded in a wagon before, specifically anywhere in Adelaide. Trying to avoid a sub if possible to save the boot space and focus on amp and speaker upgrade utilizing the stock IQ head unit.

Ive seen a few posts for sedans but nothing for the wagons.

Thanks.

Harry_Baalsak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sportswagon S2
Check out Street Sound & Vision in Victoria's website and look at installation solutions for VE Wagon. I've got same custom install of sub along the right hand side wall of the boot so really no space lost at all. This did require an Alpine Type R shallow mount sub, $599 alone for the 12" sub, custom box was even more.

Running Alpine 4 channel amp for JL Audio splits in front and Alpine 3 ways in rear doors, and JL HD750 for sub, to much power but originally intended to get a JL W7 so needed the amp, decided boot space was better option so went the less bass, more space custom install route.

Also, almost forgot, I had to install a Line Out Converter under my front seat, which converts signal from the **** stock head unit to a signal that is communicated to the amps, just another expense of having no head unit RCA's outs.

Good luck with your install, whichever way you go with it.