Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve omega start and take off issues

Mattveomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2010 6cyl auto
Hi all my apologies if this has been spoken about just recently joined I have a 2010 Omega Ute 6 cylinder starting issues and take off at low idle example from traffic lights
The car will crank itself out on first turn of key and will start fine the second turn and run rough from start as if it is starving for fuel
Recent work
.3 fuel pumps
.air flow meter
.Purge vale
.plugs leads
.no vacuum leaks
car first did a fuel pump last two replaced under warranty car then throughout Purge valve code have changed Purge valve plugs leads mechanics still cannot figure out issue have had the timing chain parameters checked they said they've done most things around the engine checking solenoids senses etc

Last edited:

InnovativeTech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac S1/Torana Hatch
Were any fault codes logged in the system?

Mattveomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2010 6cyl auto
Were any fault codes logged in the system?
Check engine light came on not sure what code I just took it to mechanic, they cleaned the air flow meter and changed the purge valve, ordered a new air flow today just to try

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi all my apologies if this has been spoken about just recently joined I have a 2010 Omega Ute 6 cylinder starting issues and take off at low idle example from traffic lights
The car will crank itself out on first turn of key and will start fine the second turn and run rough from start as if it is starving for fuel
Recent work
.3 fuel pumps
.Purge vale
.plugs leads
.no vacuum leaks
All work has been done by Lube Mobile car first did a fuel pump last two replaced under warranty car then throughout Purge valve code have changed Purge valve plugs leads mechanics still cannot figure out issue have had the timing chain parameters checked they said they've done most things around the engine checking solenoids senses etc

I had exactly the same symptom, and replaced the after market Fuel Pump [FuelMiser] with a Genuine One,
Has not faulted since., and below -
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/remove-ve-fuel-tank.274863/page-2#post-3007694
and
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/remove-ve-fuel-tank.274863/page-2#post-3007694

hope this helps.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

InnovativeTech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac S1/Torana Hatch
Check engine light came on not sure what code I just took it to mechanic, they cleaned the air flow meter and changed the purge valve, ordered a new air flow today just to try
Swapping out parts without a proper diagnosis being done can be an expensive road (that we've all been down) if you're still having issues after changing the AFM see if you can get the actual P-code logged in ECU. I have heard of bad Throttle bodies causing these issues and even misfires. Good luck I hope you solve it soon.

Mattveomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2010 6cyl auto
Swapping out parts without a proper diagnosis being done can be an expensive road (that we've all been down) if you're still having issues after changing the AFM see if you can get the actual P-code logged in ECU. I have heard of bad Throttle bodies causing these issues and even misfires. Good luck I hope you solve it soon.

P2177, P2179, P2187, P2189. These faults come up and they interchange between eachother but usually two at once.

InnovativeTech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac S1/Torana Hatch
The engine is leaning out, from that I agree with the suspicion of AFM, did the new AFM make any difference? O2 sensors also play a part in the fuel mixture in live data on your scantool you should be able to check if the O2 sensors are switching rich/lean.

Mattveomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2010 6cyl auto
The engine is leaning out, from that I agree with the suspicion of AFM, did the new AFM make any difference? O2 sensors also play a part in the fuel mixture in live data on your scantool you should be able to check if the O2

No luck with the new AFM mechanics did say they had checked all sensors I'm assuming the O2 would have been checked I'm back on the fuel pump 3 fuel pumps in I think it has to have an issue there somewhere

Mattveomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 2010 6cyl auto
No luck with the new AFM mechanics did say they checked most sensors I'm assuming that O2 was checked will O2 sensor cause starting issues?