Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE OMEGA Strange Noise

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hey guys, i have a 2010 Omega Series 2.

I have this strange noise, sort of sounds like a pigeon. It comes from behind the dash.
On a cold start up each morning the sound is NOT THERE, car is completely quiet. But after a minute or so of driving the sound comes. You can hear it most when the cars at a stand still, such as at a set of lights.
It drives me insane

Anyone else have this issue?

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Bump bump, this is not a troll thread if you are wondering, pigeon sound is an accurate description i can think of. Maybe a High pitched pigeon noise would be even better to say
Thanks

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
When it makes the noise pop the bonnet and put a little bit of water on the front belt, if the noise stops then you need a new belt I've been through 3 in the last year and believe it or not holden is cheaper than any where else as I found out the third time.

Cheers

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
When it makes the noise pop the bonnet and put a little bit of water on the front belt, if the noise stops then you need a new belt I've been through 3 in the last year and believe it or not holden is cheaper than any where else as I found out the third time.

Cheers

Its not the fanbelt, tried that trick. Im taking it into holden to see if they can find it. Could there be a sound generating from a non moving part in the engine bay?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Can you record and upload? Can you hear it in the engine bay or only in the car? Try removing the engine cover and see if the noise goes away.

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
Do VE still use those vacuum operated heater controls? Had one of those leak on my VS once and is was a whistling noise.

If it is the issue, it might change when the car moves the vents around with the climate control - if fitted.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Nope all operated by actuators

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Ok, i took my car to holden and after a whole day, they said they could'nt hear ANYTHING. which i find bullshit. i sat in the car with the senior so called mechanic and listened real hard. He said he couldn't hear a thing. I got so frustrated that i said dont worry about it. I uploaded a wav file of the noise which i recorded on my phone. You can CLEARLY hear the noise. Its far from a silent engine noise. its higher pitched and CONSTANT.
Let me know if you can hear it and identify it. the tone does not change with throttle, so it isn't the fan belt
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/424026/Noise-mp3