Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega V6 Coolant change/fuel filter

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
Ricey,
many thanks , questions answered.
Does the fuel pump filter ever need cleaning?

The filter is part of a sealed unit. The pump can be removed from it,but the filter would have to be replaced and not cleaned. But from memory,you have to replace the whole shooting match

ozziemick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03 Berlina
changing coolant

im about to change coolant in my son's v6 omega do you need to bleed the system/or is there a bleed screw in place that you have to use as u fill radiator ?

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
im about to change coolant in my son's v6 omega do you need to bleed the system/or is there a bleed screw in place that you have to use as u fill radiator ?

Fairly sure you park it facing up hill running the engine to get the air to the highest point in the system undo the black cap(with the enige off) that is above the belt system and the air will rise to that as it will be the highest point in the system and top up that's all I did

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Re Coolant flush....how do we get the entire contents aprox 10L out ??

in my case Calais V6 2007, removed fill cap at top of engine block where joins hot coolant engine out, and also unscrewed the blue drain plastic screw at bottom radiator left. Left it drain, i until stopped coming out of radiator drain plug. And when i poured the contents into another container, i only got out approx 5 L.

So am confused how to get the entire 10L out of cooling system. I did drop the contents when temp was still warm aprox 60 something degrees as per Engineering mode coolant temp on the dash.

i was thinking of topping up, warm up, drop and repeat, before adding final coolant, but this is effectively diluting the old coolant , and not getting rid of it 100%

Any advise would be appreciated???
as ideally wanted to completely flush system ie get all old Coolant (assume from factory) before adding new Nulon Red coolant.
thanks

ST8MENT

ISLIDE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & Series 2 Hsv VS Statesman
VE V6 radiator drain valve location?

Drain plug in base of radiator, remove coolant cap and drain. If the coolant looks clean it isnt really neccessary to do a flush. If you want fill it with clean water and run for a while then drain again.... (heater on hot so it goes through the heater core)

Refill with Genuine red/orange coolant at a ratio of 50/50 with clean water.

No changeable fuel filter on VEs.

hey mate i'm having the same issue, I cant seem to find the plug.. do i remove all the plastic covers from under the radiator?

ST8MENT

ISLIDE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & Series 2 Hsv VS Statesman
hey mate can you help me out i cant locate the plug, do the plastic covers under the radiator get removed?

Arkfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V
hey mate can you help me out i cant locate the plug, do the plastic covers under the radiator get removed?

The radiator drain plug pokes through the covers, it's a blue plastic screw. Only need to remove the covers to get to the reservoir if you want to drain it which is the best option as it holds 1.5 litres. The Haynes manual that I used to do the job states that the system self bleeds the air so no need to bleed it, I just topped it up while it was running from the filler point on the motor and no bubbles were coming up after 30 secs or so. Ran the car in engineering mode for a couple days to keep an eye on the coolant temp to make sure no large fluctuations.