Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Ve omega v6 replacement/upgrade

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hi guys im the owner of a 08 omega with a motor on its last legs. I have looked on ebay for a replacement motor and have noticed that they are going fir around 3g. Thats pretty rich for a stock motor I think. Does anybody know of a place to go for a motor in the sydney area and also am I better off paying the extra for a stage 3 motor. Any info about who to see abojt this would be appreciated also prices on the stage 3 motor would be good.

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong thread. Can mods please move to the appropriate thread
Thanks in advanced

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
OK several things.

What makes you think the motor is about to die?

And, where did you get the 'stage 3' engine idea from? If you're thinking $3,000 is rich for a stock used engine, you'll have a heart attack trying to buy a worked alloytec.

Best bet would be to trade the car in while it still has some value, and get a newer/healthier model.

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Well the motor has alot of knocks and bangs. Lost alot of power and struggles to kick over.... I am still paying the car off so cant sell it. Qith the amount of money still left on it I might as well pay someone to take it lol.... I know there not cheap motors but I think if I can afford it I would go with a performance motor

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Well the motor has alot of knocks and bangs. Lost alot of power and struggles to kick over.... I am still paying the car off so cant sell it. Qith the amount of money still left on it I might as well pay someone to take it lol.... I know there not cheap motors but I think if I can afford it I would go with a performance motor

The only real performance modification out there for the Alloytec are camshafts. Anything else would have to be custom made. So expect $30,000+ for a proper build Alloytec...

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Oh ok wow.... I didnt know that there was nothing available yet. I wonder why there are no stage 3 set ups available

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yea, the Alloytec is a very under developed engine. It was aimed at family/flee buyers so there is a very small market for performance parts (compared to the v8's)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Just like you could get with the earlier v6s

There's alot of confusion with 'Stages'

Stage 1's, 2's and 3's etc aren't really comparable, because one brands 2 could be the same as anothers 5. They may also included different parts/services between providers.

I can only assume you were looking for a build motor.

beasso81au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Yeah just something with a bit more grunt. Wish it was easy for a v8 swap lol