Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE omega, whats the mileage

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
07 Omega doesn't have SIDI so what your getting is to be expected, my 3.6 SIDI does 10.7, 70%+ suburban driving

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Take the car to the holden, they check and reset the fuel cells , still the fuel economy sits in between 14-15/100. dont know whats wrong with it, my average speed is about 32km/hr

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
32k's is a very low average speed. That is the cause of your poor economy. Go on a long trip on highway and you will see a much better result.
To achieve average speed of 32ks you must be stopped at lights and traffic jams a lot, so you are burning fuel sitting still which is not a fair test of economy 'per tank'. If you measured your consumption per hour it would probably be quite good.

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
2007 Omega,
my regular day to day driving it averages around 8.5km/Ltr (1/3 highway, 2/3 city)
if all city it goes little less to 7.5km/Ltr
on all highway like many mentioned it is much better, in a 800km drive doing around 120km/hr even pushed it to 200km/hr for 10minutes, it reached as much as 12km/Ltr in average.

Noting that from experience, tires-wheels, brand, weight, and air inflation play good %5-%10 with fuel consumption. RE050 get bad score from me in this regard.

Not to forget driving style role in fuel economy as expected.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
i tested it again on the weekend, on freeways as an average speed 90km/hr it shows 8.2ltr/100km , 60km/hr it shows 10.8ltr/hr, 35km/hr it shows 13.5/hr so what it means commodores are only good for long drive mostly on freeways, its not a suburban car. That is the only part I hate commodores, but still i am happy, because its a commodore :)

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
do you calculate you fuel/km or is there something you can check?

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
its was showing on my odo meter.. (digital meter that shows, speed, remaining fuel in tank, ltr/tank etc)

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
wow crazy! I get like 8L/100KM on highway on my sidi sv6. I've even seen it mid 7's. CAI and SS mufflers only..
generally I get around 10. hwy and burbs, average speed around the 45 - 50 km/h mark.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I think that is the difference between the alloytec and sidi engine, alloytec will perform good in freeways, but it not design for suburbs, sidi is good on freeways and suburbs, gives you almost the same mileage