Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve omega wheel bearing replacement

Vespers86

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore omega
Hey everyone, I’m wanting to get a drivers side rear wheel bearing replaced on my ve omega, it started as a light humming noise about 3 months ago and now sounds really bad at around 80kms/ hour, the swerving at speed test confirmed it, the noise stopped and started, the noise is also appearing slightly at low speeds, around 20kms/hr. I’m planning to take it to a Holden dealer to have it replaced, I know I’ll probably get ripped off, but I thought if the wheel bearing is replaced and then plays up again I’ll have some sort of warranty/ recourse with a Holden dealer than what I would with a normal mechanic, as I don’t know any good privately owned mechanics near where I live. My question is how much should a wheel bearing cost plus allowing for generous labour cost

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Rear bearing isn't a cheap exercise on ve if going with a genuine unit. Hub assembly needs to be removed from the car so the hub and bearing assembly can be pressed out then the bearing itself pressed from the hub and vice versa with assembly. So expect Holden to charge at least $500 supply and fit

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I paid about $350 ten years ago, and the bearing is still good :)
Not sure about the inflation rate since then.