Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE omega

nuradh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ
Hi every one,
Could you pls tell me whether the VE OMEGA engine has a timming belt or a timming chain or the good old simple, push rods.

My previous commodores have been VC, VL, VY.
I'm thinking of buying an Omega VE 2008 mogel.
Are they any good? pls tell me your honest thoughts.
I have a young family and I hate when the car breaks down. Reliability is the key to me, and I always service the car on time.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I can't speak from an Omega point of view but I've had mine 6 months now and it hasn't missed a beat mechanically.

According to the info before I collected the car hasn't had any warranty work done, the only thing I have wrong is a rattling rear passenger speaker which I'll get them to fix when I take it back in a few weeks.

Actually noticed this morning I couldn't get the fuel flap opened, after some persuasion it seems as though the pin that comes out and locks the flap into place must have some dirt or something behind it and couldn't open far enough.

Both very minor issue's but thus far I'm extremely happy.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Haven't had a single problem with my Lumina thus far, the alloytec is a proven motor has been since 2006. The alloytec is just that all alloy quad cam :yeah: no pushrods! and they have chains don't think they would stick a 19 century part in a 21st century motor ;) you can find everything on google! just google "alloytec V6" OR "VE Commodore"

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
alloytec has been around since 04 mate it first came out in the vz

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I bought a new Omega back in January and apart from a couple of small niggles it is a great car. Very stable rear end, reasonable power at stock value. Good looks and they also have the ability to interchange quite a few parts with their upmarket buddies.

You will not be disappointed.

Cheers from Mike.

nuradh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ
thanks for the info guys.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
alloytec has been around since 04 mate it first came out in the vz

Ok maybe I should have been more clearer, since intro of the VE. But yes it proved itself in the VZ :D