Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE on the Cheap, Well Hope so

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Unfortunately this car will be used for short trip to our local shopping which is 1K away each way about once a week, than once a week to our main Shopping center which is 12 K away each way. the Old Girl VR has been doing this for 12 years now but every now and then we would travel about 50 or 60 k each way to see some of our Friends
The occasional long trip like 50ks or longer is great for the engine and the oil because it gets the engine hot enough to evaporate all the condensation out of the oil. That helps prevent sludge problems.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My friend come over (retired as the nicky that putty stuff dust nearly kill him as he was doing it for 20 years) and he told me he has done worse and the finish was just as good around 98% but not compared to a NEW 100% panel. He said whenever they made that welded steel spikes (forgot what he called them) where you used a slide hammer ( mine would need around 25 off them)that made the jobs easier that change the game in Panel beaters. He also has a low opinion (sorry for existing Panel beaters) as the new breed of panel beaters have lost their skill as panel beaters. Before he was a Panel beater he was a Steel Fabricators that manufacturered steel parts out of nothing for the auto industry.
Lets hope I can con him as he does not drink beer or find a old school panel beater.
Old school repairers are often the best, especially by those who also know how to lead wipe.

Yes, your repair can be mostly done by welding pulling studs on the panel and using a slide hammer to pull out, a similar technique to PDR. Main difference is that you may need to bolt a pull point to the front of the panel and yank it forward a little while pulling the studs out as that should align the door gap.

Here’s one combo stud welder pulling tool in one

Did your friend give an estimate of repair costs?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Old school repairers are often the best, especially by those who also know how to lead wipe.

Yes, your repair can be mostly done by welding pulling studs on the panel and using a slide hammer to pull out, a similar technique to PDR. Main difference is that you may need to bolt a pull point to the front of the panel and yank it forward a little while pulling the studs out as that should align the door gap.

Here’s one combo stud welder pulling tool in one

Did your friend give an estimate of repair costs?
Honesty I forgot to ask him. All I asked is can it be fixed and he said YES certainly!!
He is Very experience in Lead wiping. He Blamed his poor health on the Nicky dust, and the Lead. I'm happy to do one thing at a time. Im not in a Harry as the car in in the Shed. The first thing to do:
1/ Fix the Quarter panel, Find a rear bumper, them paint both and find a second hand rear taillight. I dont care if it take me 6 months or more as I have plenty of cars to drive to get me and wife where we need to go.

Rick 1972

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
Definitely calcium. Local Holden gave me the heavy duty Delco to suit for the same price as the standard duty elsewhere.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know the Size needed to remove the OIL sender under the Oil Filter itself. They say 25 or 27 mm. some has said its 24 mm Why all the sizes. I'm getting the New one tomorrow from ebay. Have to remove the Air Cleaner to get to it but I would like to know the size of the Original to remove it
Thanks

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Normal socket won't do.They not deep enough.You need a special one..It's readily available from any part store..

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Normal socket won't do.They not deep enough.You need a special one..It's readily available from any part store..
Yes you need it deeper socket but WHAT size is the original one as I know the size of the ebay one which is 27mm or 1 1/16 inch. In think the original will be different

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Original is the same size..Here it is

Attachments

• rps20190325_203553.jpg
    rps20190325_203553.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 346

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes you need it deeper socket but WHAT size is the original one as I know the size of the ebay one which is 27mm or 1 1/16 inch. In think the original will be different
It's actually a socket specifically designed to remove and replace the switch. It's not a normal type of deep socket. The switch has off-set flats for the socket to engage. Just ask for the socket to remove an alloytec oil sender and you will see the difference immediately.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's actually a socket specifically designed to remove and replace the switch. It's not a normal type of deep socket. The switch has off-set flats for the socket to engage. Just ask for the socket to remove an alloytec oil sender and you will see the difference immediately.
"O"
Why in the F... they want to make it like this. Hang on the door Just knocked and the courier just deliver my NEW sensor,,,, will look to see what the difference is