Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE on the Cheap, Well Hope so

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I was looking for a radiator hose the other week. Super Cheap told me they don't stock anything for VE.
Maybe to old for them. Now that's bad.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
This arvo I had to replace the VE number Plates light, Yes that was done in 20 min. After that I decided to change the drivers Side front Parker Globe and to do it I had to remove the Main globe so I tried to remove the socket from the main globe and the Lot came out with the socket and globe together and I cannot get it to go in. Question!!!! can you fit the existing globe with the socket in or do you have to remove the globe from the power socket, attach the globe to a string so you done lose it and fits this way. Have the Power socket attached to the Globe make easy as You wont lose the Globe

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Remember the square Tang faces up. Easier for me to take the plug off and fit the globe by itself.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Remember the square Tang faces up. Easier for me to take the plug off and fit the globe by itself.
Try that tomorrow. I was trying to fit it with that Tab or tang down the bottom. I also will use a string in a loop through the holes of the globe as I can cut it after the globe is on.

Thanks, tomorrow is another day

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah they didn't make it easy replacing head light globes in VE for some reason ;)
Try taking a photo of where the globe sits with your phone before you start so you can see whats going on.
The Tang certainly faces up in the Berlina lights, I am just assuming yours are the same...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah they didn't make it easy replacing head light globes in VE for some reason ;)
Try taking a photo of where the globe sits with your phone before you start so you can see whats going on.
The Tang certainly faces up in the Berlina lights, I am just assuming yours are the same...

The trouble for me was when I tried to remove the power socket and the globe came with it. Good thinking I will take a Pic tomorrow with the phone to see whats going on. you can see f/all otherwise.
Yes no doubt all VE should be the same.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes fitted the globe in 30 seconds today then I replaced the Front stabilizer tie rods ends and I found one of the front shocks has a split boot. Hummmmm, I need new Front shocks, Yes I purchased Monroe rear shock last week and waiting for them now from Ebay

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Question!!

When you buy NEW front Shocks say Monroe for the VE do they give you the Rubber boots with them or that's separate so you have to source them elsewhere.

Thanks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, as the photo that @Dayvo showed, like that. I looked at a VE a few years ago which had the exact same issue. I've been told that and the side rubbers perishing very quickly. My old VX's windscreen never had that issue and that thing was 18 years old.
Well I give you three pics.
The first one is the garnish rubber on boths side of the windscreen.

The second pic is the top of the windscreen Yes this has to be the worst so far I have seen on any of the 8 odd VE I have seen so far.

The VE is getting better every day. I have save this car from the scrap heap. You can call me Mike and Edd from wheeler Dealers. Have a look at the garnish rubber on the edge on the windscreen. Even at this distance you can see it as its BAD. Also have a loot at the top, It looks like the screen is about to pop off. I will fix this last maybe after I get the car rego,ed of if it leaks I will do it sooner

Last edited:

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Normally when you just buy new struts you only get struts and a top nut. no boots. If you are feeling lazy you can buy a complete assembly ready to go. New struts, new springs, new boots, new strut tops - the whole thing ready to bolt in. I think I've seen them from Monroe in a Repco catalogue.... I would rather build my own tho :)