Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE on the Cheap, Well Hope so

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Tell me When you use the ELM street Program to bring up fault code and when you clear them does this automatically clear the service reminder warning ? or do you have another option on the ELM Program that can do this.
Well I did not need the ELM street program to silence the Service Reminder. All I had to do if get the car 15 Ltrs of petrol so its not low on Petrol and by doing this It allowed me to reset my Service notice so by this you can see if you are running low on petrol don't try to reset you service warning.

Now I have another issue. I gave the 6 cylinder its Oil Change and when I remove the Filter its was heavenly filled with SLUDGE (photo coming tomorrow). I took about 60 to 80 nM of torque to unloosen the top of the filter and by this I can say it possible have not been change for 5 Years.
After this I connected the Notebook with ELM Street on the OBD port and read the Code but have the Engine Light on It was not a O2 sensor was at fault it was PO521 OIL PRESSURE SENSOR/RANGE Performance was found. Also when I logs to see what the Pressure was it was FULL SCALE @ 880Kpa.
Does any know where this sensor is or whats causing this issue beside a defective sender?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well if the filter was full of sludge it would take more pressure to pump oil through it but if the fault remains after you change the oil and filter then I would replace the big oil presssure switch on the bottom of the oil filter housing next.
Good luck with your sludge too.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have a look at the condition of the Oil filter.

The Photo below so my finger with sludge on the bottom of the Filter it self. I had about 5 top of fingers with this too to get it all out.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well if the filter was full of sludge it would take more pressure to pump oil through it but if the fault remains after you change the oil and filter then I would replace the big oil presssure switch on the bottom of the oil filter housing next.
Good luck with your sludge too.
Yes the problem is still there so now I have to buy a new OIL Pressure sensor. Gruuuuuuh Yes Good luck with the sludge too I wish I had a magic wand to get rid of it..

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Have a look at the condition of the Oil filter.

The Photo below so my finger with sludge on the bottom of the Filter it self. I had about 5 top of fingers with this too to get it all out.

Yuk not looked after grr. Hopefully the oil issues are not internal blockages.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yuk not looked after grr. Hopefully the oil issues are not internal blockages.
The engine runs as quite as a mouse but the SLUDGE!! reading on methods of getting rid of it without pulling the engine out.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The engine runs as quite as a mouse but the SLUDGE!! reading on methods of getting rid of it without pulling the engine out.

Of course it's quiet, all that sludge acts as an insulator...
That engine is a potential boat anchor.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@VFSV6FORME sorry to read that your motor looks to be suffering sludge issues but reading the link you provided re Flushing Oil Concentrate, it seems to provide you with a possible solution if the testimonials can be believed.

If you do choose to go down the FOC path in the hope it will cheaply fix your sludge issue, it would be fantastic if you could pull the driver side rocker off and take before and after photos so we all can see if it does indeed work. Heck, forum rules allowing, may be the manufacturers will ship you the product gratis so you can doing a review on withinthis thread.