Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE on the Cheap, Well Hope so

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Question!
With a typical V6 on a Commodore quad cam whats the oil flow path. Does the Oil flow from the pan up the pickup to the filter than the the oil pump then the engine or does it flow from the pan, to the pickup to the oil pump then the filter then the engine.
I remember seeing somewhere not to use Magnetic 10w 40 as it sucks the filter IN so by this I would say the oil flow goes from the pan/pickup/oil filter then the Pump to the engine.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@VFSV6FORME the car looks rather nice until you get to the left rear. Ouch.

Seems like a bit of a wack but nothing that can’t be fixed though I’ve seen less damage write off a VE. Whether it’s worth repairing professionally, time and formal quote will tell.

Sadly, my experiance is that $1000 is needed simply to get a panel beater to pick up his paint gun. I wouldn’t be surprised if they‘d want in the region of $2500 to repair, probably more.

To me it looks like the rear quarter, rear left lamp assembly and bumper would need to be repaired or replaced.

Better to have gotten a repair quote, before spending time detailing the car.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Question!
With a typical V6 on a Commodore quad cam whats the oil flow path. Does the Oil flow from the pan up the pickup to the filter than the the oil pump then the engine or does it flow from the pan, to the pickup to the oil pump then the filter then the engine.
I remember seeing somewhere not to use Magnetic 10w 40 as it sucks the filter IN so by this I would say the oil flow goes from the pan/pickup/oil filter then the Pump to the engine.
There is a link to a workshop manual for the VF within the forum here. If the V6 is the same as in the VF this manual could be worth downloading. In any case it should answer your question as I doubt the basic engine design changed much between VE/VF.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Question!
Well I hope is not the case otherwise to save money I will do the repainting myself as I have all the compressors, collection of spray gun and other. I always wanted to uses my NEW Not uses
@VFSV6FORME the car looks rather nice until you get to the left rear. Ouch.

Seems like a bit of a wack but nothing that can’t be fixed though I’ve seen less damage write off a VE. Whether it’s worth repairing professionally, time and formal quote will tell.

Sadly, my experiance is that $1000 is needed simply to get a panel beater to pick up his paint gun. I wouldn’t be surprised if they‘d want in the region of $2500 to repair, probably more.

To me it looks like the rear quarter, rear left lamp assembly and bumper would need to be repaired or replaced.

Better to have gotten a repair quote, before spending time detailing the car.
Well I hope it is not the case otherwise to save money I will do the repainting myself as I have all the compressors, collection of spray gun and other. LOL, I always wanted to uses my NEW Not uses spray gun that has the tank upside down

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a link to a workshop manual for the VF within the forum here. If the V6 is the same as in the VF this manual could be worth downloading. In any case it should answer your question as I doubt the basic engine design changed much between VE/VF.
Thank you. Plenty to read in this Long Manual.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sadly, my experiance is that $1000 is needed simply to get a panel beater to pick up his paint gun.
Is this is the case that its going to cost more than I though How much would I save If I did the painting myself and leave the panel beaters to do the Panel beating itself.
What do you think?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
That panel needs to be chopped and new one wil l be welded in it's place. Lot of work,1K won't cut it.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
That panel needs to be chopped and new one wil l be welded in it's place. Lot of work,1K won't cut it.
That's what I was worried about as to do this it would take time as you cannot get that part of the panel as the panel itself starts from the front so if this is the case you will have source a second hand quarter and cut it off.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
This is the part you need..It's not a full side panel,

Attachments

• 20190323_211108.jpg
    20190323_211108.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 359