Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE or VZ SV6?

PREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Legacy GTB
Gday folks,

Im new to this site and dont have a olden yet, but am in the midst of shopping for one. I want a holden commodore SV6 in 6 speed manual. To tow my boat with and hav as an everyday car. But i dont know enough about them to make a decision between the holden VE or VZ.
Can anyone help me in terms of what common problems are in the both models and what i shouyld be looking out for?
Also i have been looking at the VE's and noticed there 2 different instrument clusters. One with a white backing and one with grey, are these different spec/trim levels?

Cheers

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Buy the best car you can afford.

PREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Legacy GTB
Thanks Hektic, in relation to the VE, is there any difference in the trim levels between the one with the white backing on the instrument cluster and the grey or are they just more options?

Cheers

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Not sure but i personally like the VZ better.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
VE later car had problems fixed with timing chains if you get the later model 2007 onwards (i think)

SloNLow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Personal choice, I was in same position, Decided that to make a VE look good ( To my liking anyway ) it would cost so much more then the VZ, with the VZ being an older car. Just go looking at cars and eventually you will see a car and you will instantly fall in love it, weather it be a VE or the VZ

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
If you can afford the VE SV6 then I'd buy that. I drive them for work every now and then and they're a much better car than the VZ. I bought a VZ SV6 a couple of years ago and only kept it for a few months because it was a very underwhelming car. The only reason you'd get a VZ over a VE is you like the looks more or you couldn't afford the VE.