Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve otr cai trouble

latino1314

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 thunder
I have recently installed a Over the Radiator Cold Air Intake.
I know it does need a tune but the day i installed the Cai the light came up when i was driving it said Stabilty control fault. so i pulled over turned car off and turned back on still showing up, then suddenly dissapeard when i was driving.
that same night i was driving back home and The engine light came on "please check engine" and now it wont go off.
Is the computer jus getting confused becuase it getting more air flow? whats the deal i dont want to wreck the engine but cant get a tune till during the week cause no ones open!

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Did you remove the Mad sesnor

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Maf even....

age1314

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Sv6 Thunder Ute
Did you remove the Mad sesnor
yeah i did for the time that i was removing the stock intake and replaced wit the new. but i put it all back together
btw the user above (latino1314) was temp acc till i got my old one workign

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
So the Otr is hooked up to the maf.... Interesting....

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Dont worry about it i drove round with my engine light on for a week after my otr with the engine light on
If you want to cler the light just disconnect the battery for 10 seconds and itll go away
I mean itll come back on but it just resetsa the ecu to make it go off a code will be stored but engine light won be on

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
What OTR did you use?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You are right, the engine needs a tune, as it is getting too much air, and the maf sensor has been moved closer to the throttle body than standard.

You have two choices.
1) remove the otrcai, and replace with the stock one until you can get a tune.
2) continue to drive with the otrcai without a tune, (and drive sedately, just in case your stock tune is running lean).

I did the same thing when i fitted my otrcai, without a tune. I ran it for one day, and have big problems, and removed the damn thing until I could get a tune to sort the thing out..

age1314

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Sv6 Thunder Ute
i used 'orssom performance'
yeah i might remove it untill im ready with my exhaust and do the tune once instead of twice! thanks :)

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
You are right, the engine needs a tune, as it is getting too much air, and the maf sensor has been moved closer to the throttle body than standard.

You have two choices.
1) remove the otrcai, and replace with the stock one until you can get a tune.
2) continue to drive with the otrcai without a tune, (and drive sedately, just in case your stock tune is running lean).

I did the same thing when i fitted my otrcai, without a tune. I ran it for one day, and have big problems, and removed the damn thing until I could get a tune to sort the thing out..

weird, I have a ziggy otr with descreened maf still in place (no tune) and I don't have any issues with engine lights. Been running it like that for maybe a year now :s