Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE owners with 22's

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
Hi everyone

I will be taking delivery of my new VE SV6 in mid january (fingers crossed) and i want to put 22's on it as i have seen some awesome pics of them on VE's. I will be putting adjustable coilovers in at the same time.

If there is any owners of VE's with 22's or know of anyone who has them could you please provide some feedback on the ride quality.

Hopefully i can get a straight answer on this forum.

Thanks

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
G'day bud, I myself have 20's on my VE with Pedders SL springs. Before I bought my car I test drove a SSV with 22's and stock suspension, I would have to say it was fairly similar to my VE with 20's and SL's. Its not to bad actually, its quite surprising the VE's seem to handle the bigger wheels without loosing to much ride quality. The SSV with 22's was a little rougher over bumps and uneven roads but nothing much to worry about. It had a bit of road noise but that may have just been the tyres they had on it?

I opted to go the 20's becuase the price of 20" tyres have come down dramatically, however 22" tyres are still up there! And not every brand has 22" versions so it limits your choice a bit. I also thought that 22's on the SSV didn't look right, although it did fill up the guards pretty nicely with stock suspension it just didn't look right to me. So I opted to go 20's mainly for the cost of tyres. But if you can afford forking out at least $2000-$2500 a year on tyres than I say go for it! The ride quality isn't effected enough to even worry about it.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
22"!!! mother...... I would love to see some pics of them with 22"s on.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Yeah, have you got any any pictures of a VE fitted with 22's.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I opted to go the 20's becuase the price of 20" tyres have come down dramatically, however 22" tyres are still up there! And not every brand has 22" versions so it limits your choice a bit. I also thought that 22's on the SSV didn't look right, although it did fill up the guards pretty nicely with stock suspension it just didn't look right to me. So I opted to go 20's mainly for the cost of tyres. But if you can afford forking out at least $2000-$2500 a year on tyres than I say go for it! The ride quality isn't effected enough to even worry about it.

Some pretty dam good points to consider, and 22's? WTF, talk about overkill. if you can afford to burn money than 22's are for you. Don't let me put you off it's your car bud do what makes you happy, but dam 2k+ just for tyres and you be replacing them in 12months!?!?! FARK THAT!

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, have you got any any pictures of a VE fitted with 22's.

b_H8WORK[2].jpg

bg_IMG_2623[2].jpg

l_94d6c8aca81dabf85241cff0b548d87a[1].jpg

S1030404[1].jpg

here are a few i found quickly

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
After looking at those pictures I have come to the conclusion that VE's look tough with 22's :yeah:

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea if i was to get the 22's i dont know what ones i would get. It would be a choice between zenetti throwbacks or xhp dirty dogs. they would be going on an atomic green sv6

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
yea if i was to get the 22's i dont know what ones i would get. It would be a choice between zenetti throwbacks or xhp dirty dogs

If it was me I would go for the Zenetti Throwbacks, but the XHP Dirty Dogs also look good.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Man..... they do look hot in those shoes. Now lets chuck in some deep dishes then they'll look phat.