Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve paint colours

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
I have heard that there will be some new VE colours, does anyone have any more info on this and when will they come in?

also will the new colours rectify the shade difference between the plastic and the metal on the bumpers, as i have seen some below average paint differences on silver paint

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
One of the new colours replaces Nickel (silver) but I can't remember what it's called.

The paint difference on the bumpers can't be corrected. Ask any painter... It's the difference between painting a metal surface with metalic paint, and painting a plastic surface with the same paint. Paint reacts differently.

Thankfully, Red isn't a full metalic paint.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I haven't seen any come through. Nor have I heard about it. Then again I don't really take much notice of anything.

adam_1000

Reaction score
does anyone know the paint code for the atomic green that is used on the new ve utes.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The reason for the paint colour differences between the bumper and body is cos they are painted in 2 different areas using 2 different colour primers. My mate works in paintshop and my dad in bodyshop and they have said that this has always been a problem since the VT's. Until that changes there is no chance of getting the paints the right colour between the 2 panels. Oh and apparently there is a new blue coming out.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
One of the new colours replaces Nickel (silver) but I can't remember what it's called.

The paint difference on the bumpers can't be corrected. Ask any painter... It's the difference between painting a metal surface with metalic paint, and painting a plastic surface with the same paint. Paint reacts differently.

Thankfully, Red isn't a full metalic paint.

It might be a different name to nickel but I'm sure it will be a similar shade of silver. Way too popular to drop it. I'm currenty thinking of going back to red for the next one... Should be due around September(ish) the way things are shaping up. Anybody know if/when an update is coming out?

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Should be July, along with the other changes to the models.

caldonia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 253
new blue paint

the there are two new blues coming out.

Karma and voodoo
the current blue is k-pow