Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE performance after first service

nikolas

DK
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo VZ SV6
My mates got a ve lumina and he wanted me to ask if you guys noticed any performance difference after the first service?

its done about 7000km and goes alright but wont spin the tyres on the spot :( reason im asking is with my lexus, b4 the first service it wouldnt either, but after it i can rip some nice skids :)

maybe there is some sort of assist that stops it, he presses the (traction control / esp?) button before he tries and has it in low.

sorry about the hoon related question :whistling

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
I dont think that there is any computer related changes that would be made, its probably more to do with it only having 330nm of torque, IRS, ESP and good tred on the back. These cars are not tyre frying marvels of modern engineering. Its a family car

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Considering all they do on the first service is check levels. I cant see what possible benefit you hope to get from it.

And hmm...trying to fry the tyres before the first service = within the first couple of thousand k's of the cars life you've been sitting there on the spot ramping up all the temperatures, putting strain on different driveline components etc etc.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Considering all they do on the first service is check levels. I cant see what possible benefit you hope to get from it.

And hmm...trying to fry the tyres before the first service = within the first couple of thousand k's of the cars life you've been sitting there on the spot ramping up all the temperatures, putting strain on different driveline components etc etc.

mmm not good for your car at any point, but especially not when everything is only just getting bedded in

nikolas

DK
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo VZ SV6
the guy has money.. so he doesn't care, hes also on his p's so he cant get an 8.
i just find it interesting that before the first service my lexus wouldn't do one, but now it does... with new 275's on the back aswell.
I dont want you to take it the wrong way... he doesnt try to rip burnouts everytime he drives but the 2 or 3 times he has, nothing has happend.
I also realise its a stock v6, not a drag car. I wonder why pretty much every commodore up until now could do them lol.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
the guy has money.. so he doesn't care, hes also on his p's so he cant get an 8.
i just find it interesting that before the first service my lexus wouldn't do one, but now it does... with new 275's on the back aswell.
I dont want you to take it the wrong way... he doesnt try to rip burnouts everytime he drives but the 2 or 3 times he has, nothing has happend.
I also realise its a stock v6, not a drag car. I wonder why pretty much every commodore up until now could do them lol.

maybe the lexus and other luxo models of car have a torque reduction on them so you can limit driver abuse before the first service

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS

Also would have something too do with the torque management and anti-abuse with the alloytecs.
Im not 100% on the details but most people with auto's and alloytec's have trouble doing burnouts and some just wont do it at all.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Skids have nothing to do with Traction Control. If you want to do skids, it's ABS that's the problem.

Traction Control (ESP) needs to be off for burnouts but you can't turn ABS off for skids as far as I know.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
ABS doesnt work without the fuse :D hahah

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
and also because the ecu will drop revs or reduce power when the accelerator is held down with brake