Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE pics real thing!!!!!!

M

Mr Invisible 55

i Agree I hope it looks a bit better than that other wise they r in trouble but i wish them good luck

M

Mr Invisible 55

I did notice that there we american cars in the back ground and in the second pic did u notice that it was left hand drive?

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i like the rims lol, and the quad zorst, the rest, meh

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
hey just to throw a spanner in the works..

does anyone think the proportions are a little small to be a commodore?

and do you recognise the taillights from the TT36 concept? i know the TT36 was a styling exercise for the commodore...

but does anyone think maybe, just maybe the Torana is coming back? who says a medium size car cant pack 6 litres?

A9X 2006 style!

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I don't think it looks too bad really, yes a little more compact looking than current models, but apparently there will actually be more interior space!

That SV8 does look sweet ;)

It does look a little more like a Ford, but then the current Ford models do look very nice, so I fail to see the problem? (Unless you believe Ford is the antichrist etc).

V6 mid-range would be nice too ;) 175KW Alloytec in something weighing less than the current 1.5ton? Niiice...

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
All car companies copy each others design aspects, its the greatest form of flattery. Its rediculous getting in a fuss about the design of the new VE just from looking at the spy pics. They're all covered in tape, and probably have body parts that don't belong on it.

Andy

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I love the BA, it's one sexy car and the best looking Ford since the HO, the only problem with it is that it weighs about 600kg's too much : )

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I reckon it is gonna look great. but i dunno bout the arse of it, very diffrent and mercedes like

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
I worked at the HSV plant in Clayton for a year, providing the clay moddellers scaffolding and other **** for a time a year or so back, even then GM and Holden had the VE project in full swing and from what I gathered when I was there, the designs are a lot of rip-offs.
It was also at the same time one of the plants was cleared out for a few Holden techs to come around along with HSV boys to dismantle a GT-P completely. Ford does the same thing too, buy a few Clubsports, Monaro's and Senators, just dismantle the whole lot down to their screws and learn from the competition and manipulate the design into any fabrication you like.

To me, the VE commodore is going to become an attempt to hybrid a lot of technologies and fabrications that have worked the best over the past decade. One rumor I was told when looking at those pictures from the first post was that the rear of the car or the boot space is going to be designed to reflect the previous concept of the SSX. Couple that with the same standard cabin space, bigger engines (V8 now over 6L...) transmissions will get updated for more sportier 5 and 6 speed manuals and the autos will probably grow bigger as well, and lastly the previous designs that have given holden praise (and other manufacturers with their cars) will be manipulated in some way to keep within the design specifics and overall natural look of the car. As someone noted, don't be surprised if it will turn out to be a similar look to the concept Torana but at this stage, the design can still change dramatically.

Mabye Holden might capitilize on the higher fuel prices too. Since manufacturers are now starting to feel a bigger pinch with big car sales, there's going to be more research into renewable energy alternatives and those that think the old skool system will keep on going (in one way it might, but only amongst the minority enthusiasts) will be in for a rude surprise when hybrid engines and hydrogen/methane fuel cells start to come more commercially viable. The VE commodore could reflect this if Holden has the resources to fund such research and projects. All in the name of winning over a bigger target audience of course which in turn will produce more car sales = more $$$. If they play their cards right and the VE doesn't look like a dumbarses interpretation of a cool car who just went to happy with his pencil.

I took everything with a grain of salt when I was HSV, it was bad enough having to fend off all the Linfox truckies asking me 20 questions.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Ballport1998vt said:
I told you it was the VE. Some people did not belive me and you know what up yours i found the pic and i was right. I found it before most people were aware of it being on the road in the states(USA)

The thing that concerns about that pic:

The guards look very short, similar to Astras with their sideways fwd engines. Could this mean pissy front wheel drive? Please god, don't let it be.