Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

john achterberg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Been buying new holdens since 1977 now own a ve sv6 auto ute what a woeful car. Problems so far:

• Rattle and whine in the aircon.
  • Deafening road noise.
  • Dealer tried 4 times to fix a noisy broken clock spring in the steering column, now fixed.
  • Used the bonnet catch last week and and the lower dash panel fell off, no joke just fell off.
  • Washer bottle broke within 500 kms, dealer replaced it.
  • The interior build quality is very poor most of the plastic bits don't line up looks like it was built in Korea.

This car has done only 4000 kms, tried to trade the car got offered $27.000 six months ago the vehicle cost $42.000. A pathetic dealer doesn't help, no more holdens ever just a overrated piece of junk, so sad we just cant get it right in aus.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
That's pretty poor I must say, from the reading I've done recently this would have to be one of the worse cases.

I cleaned the post up as well to make it a little easier to read, I hope you don't mind :)

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
[*]Deafening road noise.
[*]Washer bottle broke within 500 kms, dealer replaced it.
[*]The interior build quality is very poor most of the plastic bits don't line up looks like it was built in Korea.

first one: some of my mates changed the tires made the noise calm down a bit

Second one: had that one leaking before I didn't even drive the car:cry: (Brand New!!), replaced by dealer

Third : whatever they do, it will still make noises (and will become worse when stopping the car in direct sunlight:bang:), so you just have to live with it

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the washer bottle is very common, mainly because some brain-iac decided to have the resivour on the other side of the car to the filler, which mean there is a join half way along or just under the filler, the crack the or the two pieces seperate, something like that.

ive serviced many ve's and havnt really found any issues with the build quality, it definitely alot better than the last models,

are you able to get to another dealer?

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Been buying new holdens since 1977 now own a ve sv6 auto ute what a woeful car. Problems so far:

• Deafening road noise.
  • Dealer tried 4 times to fix a noisy broken clock spring in the steering column, now fixed.
  • Used the bonnet catch last week and and the lower dash panel fell off, no joke just fell off.
  • The interior build quality is very poor most of the plastic bits don't line up looks like it was built in Korea.

This car has done only 4000 kms, tried to trade the car got offered $27.000 six months ago the vehicle cost $42.000. A pathetic dealer doesn't help, no more holdens ever just a overrated piece of junk, so sad we just cant get it right in aus.

my VE Clubsport R8 had the same problem with my washer bottle (Brand new) never even driven it and it was leaking, got replaced.

what is a clock spring? my steering wheel clicks (I can hear but mainly feel) a clicking noise when ever I turn right. the dealer said something about a clock spring to me and ****ed if I know what one of them is and they are telling me its normal and they WON'T fix it...:( :(

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
haha sad 2 say but all i ever here is complaints about the VE model! 1st they had 2 have the cars returned to the factory to have the seat belts checked then there is the ECU gremlins that keep poping up ect now its things like the above! Nope cant say any of these problems affect my 12yo VS calais still drives like a gem:p

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
what is a clock spring? (
It's part of the air bag system in your steering wheel..

For them to replace it, It's not a hugely expensive cost.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I had the clicking in the steering. My dealer could never work out what it was so they replaced the WHOLE steering column. Suffice to say it's now fixed.

Washer bottle issue'is very common and a 15 min fix at the most.

If the road noise is deafening then I think you must have dog like hearing!!! My exhaust would deafen me a LONG time before the road noise. Not that it's loud or droney. Never noticed road noise. That said, you have a model that has no sound deadening so it's not overly surprising.

As for build quality, I guess youve never been in any Commodore built BEFORE the VE (VZ glove box as just one of many thousands of examples)? Chances are a lot of the parts probably do come from Korea but the build quality is largely agreed to be the best Holden have ever done.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Go buy a farken corolla!!

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6

• Deafening road noise.

arnt you on ford forums????