Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
as ive allready said i deal with hundreds of ve's, ba - bf falcons, aurions etc most of them go up to 90 - 100,000km, aurions rattle and squeak, ive sent falcons back for more of a problem like master cylinders failing, whereas the worst ive sent a ve back for is the washer bottles in the earlier and a couple of early computer program hick-ups, other than that they seem pretty top-notch to me.

there are 2 ve's in my family, a ss ute and a sv6 sedan, again no problems with them at all

AgentOrange

AgentOrange
Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet CSV CR8
I have a VE R8 in Dubai and I am very happy with the build quality for the $$s paid.

I had a BMW 740, and sure the build quality was better but it was also 500kgs heavier. I accept the cheaper plastics and lighter materials for better performance and lower $$s upfront.

The road noise is also fine, I think you should check your tyres or upgrade your stereo.

Only problem I had was a faulty fuel pump at 500K's - and it has been perfect since.

Great Car!! Comparable to the Euro's, and over here a little more special.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Thats what you would call 'FORD BUILT"
Just bought myself a VE Calais '06 on Monday. Absolutely fantastic. Will take some getting used to in comparison to the VX Berlina I used to drive.

I think there may be a computer gremlin but thats about it. All panels align properly, seats all work fine, washer bottle ready to go, no excessive tyre noise or anything like I have read above.

Overall, I agree with what has been said already... the build quality in the VE appears to be well spot on.

It should also be said that every new range of cars will have its problems. No exceptions!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hasn't anyone herd about the Aurion dash falling out a few inch's?.
I was told this not long ago, Something about 2 pins or something that hold it in place, And they do snap. Imagine that driving down the road and the dash drops.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I was told this not long ago, Something about 2 pins or something that hold it in place, And they do snap. Imagine that driving down the road and the dash drops.

Hadn't heard that one but then again I hadn't heard anything about them good or bad. The bottom line is that **all** mass produced cars have problems. Some are better than others but on the whole I'd rate the current Commodore/Falcons on a par. If your unlucky then you get a **** one. The overwhelming majority of cars have no major problems.

Reaper

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

Hadn't heard that one but then again I hadn't heard anything about them good or bad. The bottom line is that **all** mass produced cars have problems. Some are better than others but on the whole I'd rate the current Commodore/Falcons on a par. If your unlucky then you get a **** one. The overwhelming majority of cars have no major problems.

Reaper

they have numerous dash rattles, the centre air vents 'flutter' at high fan speeds, and rattle over even small lumps and bumps in the road, creak around the instrument cluster, and 1 ive heard has had a rattle around the passenger air bag area, which my parents avalon had to....

of late i dead set reckon the quality of toyota has gone down hill, we've replaced
1. 3x output shaft seals on the transfer cases of new hiluxs,
2. a water pump on another hilux,
3. 2x rim crack on a hilux,
4. rear wheel bearing fail on a hilux,
5. swivel hubs seal leaking the grease on a new v8 cruiser
6. excessive oil consumption of the new v8 diesel
7, fuel pumps failing on new v8 diesels
8. not a problem but 1GR-FE v6 engines in hilux-prado have cronic valve train noises

all there cars are now built like korean cars, cheap hard plastic, squeaky, tacy etc

etc etc, it not isolated to holden, i could go on with other brands...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Jesus Thats worse then i though:eek:..

Makes my old VP seem it's built of higher quality:D. I get rattles and creaks in my car, But it's almost 9 years old:D.

I got eat up by a friend none the less, For suggesting Toyota build quality had dropped below par:D. More about profits then quality now. Is there a top of the line quality built car out there anymore under $40,000?.

Also, Ford blokes and the FG, They have been going on about the low quality plastics holden use, One close look in the interior, And you find the same quality plastic running down the dash and console thick and large. Same with Toyota they all shop at the same discount store now a days.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Reaper

Agreed there, while poeple may get a dud car they are mass produced, the only problem with cars is unlike TV's etc you can't return them. If they are faulty and continue to be faulty you should be able to get a refund(especially in cases like tommo's senator).

Also, Ford blokes and the FG, They have been going on about the low quality plastics holden use, One close look in the interior, And you find the same quality plastic running down the dash and console thick and large. Same with Toyota they all shop at the same discount store now a days.

The G6E Turbo I have driven had a brilliant interior, holdens matching calais interior was not even close to the same quality. It is not just ford people who harp on about the interior, the whole design layout is 100 times better than any holden. That being said, the outside is iffy, I watched how they stamp the panels etc, i am still trying to work out what happens in a crash side on, they have to literally replace half the car lol.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Makes my old VP seem it's built of higher quality:D. I get rattles and creaks in my car, But it's almost 9 years old:D.

That would be 19 Years:p

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I watched how they stamp the panels etc, i am still trying to work out what happens in a crash side on, they have to literally replace half the car lol.

At least it's able to be repaired/replaced. People often aren't so lucky.

I saw a bit of that CIU show last night... Stupid ****ing bitch was driving a car while under the influence of drugs and her six year old was in the front without a seatbelt! They showed what happened to the kid by replicating the crash at the RTA crashlab. HORRIFIC!!! Sorry, OT I know, but it got on my nerves.