Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
At least it's able to be repaired/replaced. People often aren't so lucky.

I saw a bit of that CIU show last night... Stupid ****ing bitch was driving a car while under the influence of drugs and her six year old was in the front without a seatbelt! They showed what happened to the kid by replicating the crash at the RTA crashlab. HORRIFIC!!! Sorry, OT I know, but it got on my nerves.

Yeah, people are stupid.

As for the side on, i am talking low impact, the design of it is really weird, it is like one big piece of car.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yeah, people are stupid.

As for the side on, i am talking low impact, the design of it is really weird, it is like one big piece of car.

im pretty sure holden use the same thing, cause that what aca and today tonight were bagging the ute for when it was released

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, Ford blokes and the FG, They have been going on about the low quality plastics holden use, One close look in the interior, And you find the same quality plastic running down the dash and console thick and large. Same with Toyota they all shop at the same discount store now a days.

you would be surprised how many components come from the same manufactorer, i havnt had an fg yet at work bout a month until we have our first few services roll in. but ive come across nermous things in the ba to bf11 falcons that wear out within a few years, like the silver trim around the gear stick which is actually a laminate/sticker over plastic, peels, cracks or bubles, water leaks in the boot, one had about 3 inch of stale water in one, steering wheel rubber breaks down, rattles and creaks around the back window trim

even the service manual states to replace the airbags in an au falcon every 5 or 10 years cant quite remember that one.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there a top of the line quality built car out there anymore under $40,000?.

well think about what is in a car, it almost impossable to count the components, add the tech to sort out the tune/computer tables and programming, costs to tests the vehicles - over seas included, prototypes, australian standards etc etc the list goes on

now just think how cheap 40,000 sounds

Tibokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
The VE aint as bad as people are making it out to be here. I've driven my mum's VE Omega extensively over the past 6 months, and have generally nothing but praise. Sure, some of the interior bits could be better quality (I dont like the hand brake much, and the radio sucks), but the stuff that counts, the engine, gearbox, suspension and steering is all top notch, and much improved over past models. Its the probably the best Commodore ever made. Comfort is really impressive as well, especially as I'm a taller driver and normally struggle with comfort. And anyway, since when did people start buy Commodores based on their interior alone. Interiors have always been ****, in every Commodore. Get over it.

On a different note, has anyone managed to do a decent burnout in the dry in an Omega? If you have, what did u do to get it going? I'm pretty good with burnouts but have had no success in the VE so far. (And before you ask, i do turn off esp before I start). Is it even possible without modifications?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
On a different note, has anyone managed to do a decent burnout in the dry in an Omega? If you have, what did u do to get it going? I'm pretty good with burnouts but have had no success in the VE so far. (And before you ask, i do turn off esp before I start). Is it even possible without modifications?

cheap tyres and full lock, the er300 from factory are to soft and grippy, you need to get some 90 budget special, but aslong as it has a hard compound

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The G6E Turbo I have driven had a brilliant interior, holdens matching calais interior was not even close to the same quality. It is not just ford people who harp on about the interior, the whole design layout is 100 times better than any holden. That being said, the outside is iffy, I watched how they stamp the panels etc, i am still trying to work out what happens in a crash side on, they have to literally replace half the car lol.
I'm still not sure i like the high mounted screen yet.
Ive got nothing against the interior, But it does have plenty of plastic, Unfortunately all cars do today.

Holden needs to offer more brighter interior colours.

Speaking of that, I spotted a new Sportwagon in a show room, The passenger side doors didn't meet well at the bottom, The rear door only at the bottom sat out by about 3mm, I found that strange by the way the assemble them now, I though things like that couldn't happen with the one peace sides they do?.
That would be 19 Years:p
Thats the VP, The VT is about 9 years old:D.
you would be surprised how many components come from the same manufactorer, i havnt had an fg yet at work bout a month until we have our first few services roll in. but ive come across nermous things in the ba to bf11 falcons that wear out within a few years, like the silver trim around the gear stick which is actually a laminate/sticker over plastic, peels, cracks or bubles, water leaks in the boot, one had about 3 inch of stale water in one, steering wheel rubber breaks down, rattles and creaks around the back window trim

even the service manual states to replace the airbags in an au falcon every 5 or 10 years cant quite remember that one.
Most of them parts you mentioned are in my shed:D. We replaced most of the dash strips from woodgrain to silver, Then to piano black.

When we had a BA in the drive it had suspension noise, That still today couldn't be explained, It was like the springs were loose and boobing all over the place.
The famous exhaust covers were another, Great idea by ford but poor execution, They lasted all of 2 months rattling before we had them hacked off lol.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
well think about what is in a car, it almost impossable to count the components, add the tech to sort out the tune/computer tables and programming, costs to tests the vehicles - over seas included, prototypes, australian standards etc etc the list goes on

now just think how cheap 40,000 sounds
That is what i meant in a roundabout way:D..
Top of line cars sell for 100k plus, And have issues like any other car, When you buy a Falcon or Commodore your getting alot for cheap. But something will give to bring it to us that cheap.
In the end, No one does it better for what they offer $ for $ in the world.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't agree that the quality of the plastics used in local car interiors is lacking. I believe the problem is the texture of the finishes used in the mouldings. The actual plastics are generally pretty durable - they need to be, because of our extremes of exposure to high levels of ultra violet during our prolonged summers and generally warm climate. You don't find the plastics in Holdens and Fords discolouring, fading, cracking from heat or actually disintegrating. I had a 78 model Celica for a hacker years ago, and it was a crap heap inside. The moulded plastic trims on either side of the rear seat had rotted away at the top completely and the sections that were left crumbled at a touch. The interior handles were faded to almost white in colour, (originally dark blue). Sure it was an old car, but similarly aged local cars never crapped out like that.

If the type of finish applied to the interior plastics was different, and the "brushed aluminium" was more than just stick on or silver paint, the interiors wouldn't look as cheap as they do. I think the texture of the dash and door trims in the VT-VZ series was superior to the texture in the VE. I don't think the earlier models looked "cheap" and they were an enormous improvement on the VN-VS interiors (now, they looked really cheap!)

Clever design and effective texturing of the interior materials can make a huge difference to the perceived quality of the car. It's just a pity that Holden and Ford are both using smooth finishes, matt colours and crappy, fake silvers. Toyota have done the same thing - the current Camry/Aurion centre dash stack is all silver and looks totally unconvincing.