Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Power Window goes down but not up! Power at plug

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hi guys,
Any advice appreciated...
I’ve got a rear RHS power window that goes down but not up... I’ve taken the trim off, accessed the plug with the multimeter, which reads both 12v and -12v depending on the window button pressed. So in my mind this means the system to the regulator is OK. So I bought a new Kelpro regulator, installed it, and it still has the same issue, window goes down but not up. If I reverse the polarity of the wires at the plug, the window then goes up. I’m baffled, any advice?

a few videos and for further info...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys,
Any advice appreciated...
I’ve got a rear RHS power window that goes down but not up... I’ve taken the trim off, accessed the plug with the multimeter, which reads both 12v and -12v depending on the window button pressed. So in my mind this means the system to the regulator is OK. So I bought a new Kelpro regulator, installed it, and it still has the same issue, window goes down but not up. If I reverse the polarity of the wires at the plug, the window then goes up. I’m baffled, any advice?

a few videos and for further info...

On my vt, l had the same problem. I fixed it. It was the wires going into the bcm.
Not sure if this is your problem? Its somewhere to start, & costs nothing to try.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
What exactly was the issue at the BCM?
The wire connections going into the bcm where loose. Just put a jewelers flat bladed screw driver into the slot & made the connection tighter. Had the battery disconnected of course.

It was the wire that controlled raising the window.

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Roger that, I’ll have a look.... although if it was something like that I’d assume I’d not get 12v or -12v at the regulator plug?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's likely the main switch.

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Agreed, although not entirely sure why... Ordered One a couple of days ago so I’ll have it in next week....

Last edited:

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Any ideas on why I’d have 12v and -12v at the plug but the window will only go down and not up? How’s the centre switch effect this?