Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Premium Sound - Easy Improvements by reverse wiring the subs

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
No mate, to get them out you need to remove the back seat etc. it's not very difficult to do but it is much easier to just solder from in the boot. May be stating the obvious, but the main trick with soldering is to use the soldering iron to heat the metal terminals/wire (not directly onto the solder). When the metal terminal is hot enough the solder just flows or will be sucked onto it.

Be careful that your face is not directly below and that you also have something to protect the carpet if there is a drip.

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it - very much a n00b at soldering. So far, all I've managed to do is brown the terminal a little bit - it doesn't seem to melt enough to be able to move the connectors. Should I be trying to move the tip of the solder iron to the top of the terminal?

FullSizeRender.jpg

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Just hold the soldering iron on there and don't move it till the solder melts and they come off.

How long will depend on how powerful/hot your iron is and ambient temperature etc.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Doh! I am an idiot, but, I was afraid of damaging them!

All done - my thanks to all for their help. The bass doesn't sound too bad now!

SKyVeSsWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Ss Sportwagon
Sorry to bring up an old post. But does the VE 08 July SS Sportwagon have subs Amp ect
Thanks guys.

Rollerbot

Reaction score
Members Ride
2021 Calais V 6.0
Sorry to bring up an old post. But does the VE 08 July SS Sportwagon have subs Amp ect
Thanks guys.

Hey mate assume you would have worked this out by now but i don't believe the sport wagons or utes could get the premium sound system as the subs are placed in the parcel shelf on the sedan.